Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 27th, 2011, 12:32 pm
that gun needs A LOT of space. so I doubt it will work. also, what about ABL? they are heavy and outdated, but they should fit somewhere :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 27th, 2011, 6:30 pm
Any better?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 27th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Well personally I think 5A looks better, but you've got the ABL backwards. The fiddly bit is on the aft portion. I'd lower the gun one deck (cut down the deckhouse for the old Mk-10 magazine). I'd also move from the SPG-51 aft to something smaller (like an SPG-60). I'd also consider removing one of the radars, and leaving one where you have the 3D radar now. This lets you move the SPQ-9A up to where the 2D radar is and reduce interference between it and the forward SPG-60. We've also got

The above said, don't forget to check the USN parts thread for the latest parts (Harpoon launcher, Mk-29, Mmk-45 mod 4, ect). :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 27th, 2011, 8:42 pm
backwards? crap. I am starting to wonder if I have "equipment dyslexia" or something. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:08 am
I believe I may have settled on a version for my AU Retribution

[ img ]

I changed from harpoons to the Norwegian NSM, as that is what I based my "Viper" ASM on.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:16 am
ok. now don't forget to swap all the parts listed above for newer drawings, also the ABL and TACAN need the new version as well.

btw, why not the normal NSSM director instead of this one?

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:23 am
acelanceloet wrote:
ok. now don't forget to swap all the parts listed above for newer drawings, also the ABL and TACAN need the new version as well.

ok, I'll keep that in mind as I do some finagling with it. Thanks for the assist.

As for the NSSM director, I suppose I could go into a long-winded and complicated explanation of the benefits vs drawbacks, etc etc ..... But the truth is that I just don't really have the time to go through and change each and every drawing of every class warship in my inventory that I use the NSM launchers on. LOL So, I compromised on staying with the US directors and the NSSM missiles. Since it is AU, I figured that was a reasonable compromise. I just claim 'em as my own nations inventions. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:32 am
acelanceloet wrote:
Because there isn't one? The ability to work with just about any director set was one of the major design criteria for the NSSM and has since become one of its major selling points.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU Andrea Doria type CruiserPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:40 am
@ thiel that is true, and this would work. but if we take for example the spruance, we see the same director setup as on this ship up front, but an mk 95 aft. that was what I meant with the standard director, although I agree with you it isn't that standard (just lost the name for an moment)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: