[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 2:05 am
Thanks guys. So the Mk 75 is out, and back to Mk 38 Mod 2 it is. :lol:

CORVETTE
Jose Francisco Class
ex-Famous Class
[ img ]
The Jose Francisco Class is one of the two corvette in service in the Philippine Navy capable of supporting helicopters (MH-60S Seahawk). Designated as a corvette, the class were;
  • installed with Stinger Missile Launchers (FIM-92 Stinger),
    installed with Oerlikon (20mm) Cannons; and
    installed with M2HB (12.7mm) heavy machine gun.

The hoist for launching and recovering RHIBs on the port and starboard side were removed to make room for the additional weapon systems but left the rear hoist in place.

Antonio Luna Class
ex-Reliance Class
[ img ]
The Antonio Luna is one of the two corvette of the Philippine Navy capable of supporting helicopters (HH-65D Dolphin). Designated as a corvette, the class were;
  • installed with Mk 38 Mod 2 (25mm) Typhoon Weapon System;
    installed with Oerlikon (20mm) Cannons;
    installed with M2HB (12.7mm) heavy machine gun.

As with the Jose Francisco class, the hoist for launching and recovering RHIBs were removed to make room for the additional weapon systems..

Stercus accidit! :)

Last edited by kerkie on June 1st, 2012, 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 4:06 am
No RHIB capability is a major drawback, you may want to consider at least keep one. BTW remember the Peacock Class as corvettes ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 7:53 am
like i said earlier the downside of upping Reliances punch with a oto-melara 76mm gun was top weight and stability concerns and TimothyC very much nailed it. the reliance be more suited with the Philippines Coast guard as a large rescue patrol vessel rather then its navy. a vessel that be suited for Philippines Navy with a punch that would suit their needs be a few ex Armada Española Descubierta class corvettes.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 8:33 am
@Clonecommander6454: The Philippine Navy operates a couple of Peacock Class, the Emilio Jacinto Class corvette. I'm trying to look at ways to arm her with weapons if it's possible. :lol:
@squizzy: Would you believe I'm working on an AU version of the Descubierta Class for the Philippine Navy; named it Elias Angeles Class, classified as corvette. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 8:46 am
kerkie wrote:
@Clonecommander6454: The Philippine Navy operates a couple of Peacock Class, the Emilio Jacinto Class corvette. I'm trying to look at ways to arm her with weapons if it's possible. :lol:
@squizzy: Would you believe I'm working on an AU version of the Descubierta Class for the Philippine Navy; named it Elias Angeles Class, classified as corvette. :D
Nice :) something small like the Descubierta Class or even RDkNs Niel Juels Class Corvettes be something well suited for the Philippines Navy requirements and be a good start to get proven and "reasonably" up-to-date technology like these 2 class of vessels. In addition both classes will be up on the excess military sales market since both countries are having their replacements entering service as we speak.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Philippine NavyPosted: May 21st, 2012, 9:53 am
I wouldn't go for tid Niels Juel class. While they're good ships and gave good service to tid RDN, 35 years and three major upgrades have left them worn out and without any room for upgrades. Oh and the weapons have already been reused.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: May 26th, 2012, 4:52 am
..so the ex-Reliance Class is now in Philippine Coast Guard colors; and working on the ex-Descubierta Class. And added a submarine. :D

CORVETTE
Elias Angeles Class
ex-Descubierta Class
[ img ]
Any suggestions on what other weapon system to replace the 40mm gun? :oops:

SUBMARINE
Datu Lapu-Lapu Class
HDW Type 214
[ img ]

COAST GUARD PATROL VESSEL
Naga Class
ex-Reliance Class
[ img ]
The Naga Class Patrol Vessel is capable of supporting helicopter operations (EC 145).

Last edited by kerkie on May 30th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: May 26th, 2012, 5:07 am
Are you sure you could buy brand new state of the art submarines especially when all your ships are second hand
and u may or may not be able fit a RHIB aft of the flight deck on the Naga class/Antonio Luna class

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on May 26th, 2012, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: May 26th, 2012, 9:44 am
on the elias angeles class:
- the radar fit is very limited. I would consider adding an additional system for the NSSM guidance.
- the harpoons will only be used effectively when working toghether with other ships, as your surface search radars range is limited to much closer then the harpoons range..... I would suggest an second (long range) search radar
- you have on the front mast an nav radar and an surface search radar, while the ZW-06 could do those tasks all by itself
- you lack sonar, but have TT's....
- any reason for that split funnel?
- please use the latest parts for the WM egg and the harpoon. they can be found on the dutch and the USN parts sheet.
and, what 40 mm are you talking about? you have an 76 mm on your bow.....

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: May 26th, 2012, 9:46 am
Have you considered adding refitted ex-USN Perry frigates? They seem to be popular for small Navies.

Or you could even use the small MEKO designs such as MEKO 120/200. Both would be capable of embarking your current AU's rotary winged aircraft.

Just a suggestion ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: