Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 34 of 34  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page « 130 31 32 33 34
KHT
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 31st, 2013, 7:08 pm
Hm, I like the Asgård(sorry for using Swedish name...) class. The conning tower is plesantly sexy. I also like the arrangement of the secondary artilleries, even though I think the centerline six-inch turret could be placed slightly higher, to allow superfiring the Y-turret.

The Björn class looks really god as well! Feels like a well-balanced and useful design.

My only thoughts are that both ships feels slightly under-detailed... Fire-fighting equipment and life rings would surely help with this. I'd also like some platforms for more search lights(or mount them in allready existent places)

For the Asgård: I would like some more port holes/windows in the conning tower structure. I also think the cut out of the roof on the six-inch turrets are somewhat odd... I'd skip turret-mounted directors for the secondaries(they could be added at a later date, if the ship had been completed) at this date.
For the Björn: The funnels looks VERY bare. I'd suggest adding some detail, pipes and so on. They would also be ideal places for search light platforms.

Also, I might be wrong, but methinks the conning tower for the Björn looks slightly like ones I've drawn for different ships. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 31st, 2013, 7:23 pm
Details will be added. Just wanted some feedback on the designs themselves first. The bridge on the Björn is actually entirely made by my self, so you can sleep well knowing that none of your parts go uncredited.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: March 31st, 2013, 8:05 pm
I am also making a new ship; a large cruiser. It is using the Imperial German No 9 paint scheme, which I believe has never been used before. If it turns out very well it might replace the current Thor. Not as in the next class, but replace the drawing itself.

[ img ]

Edit: To be honest, I am not quite sure about the green-ish color.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: April 1st, 2013, 8:59 am
I like the Björn Class but loose the out-sized 20mm guns. Or at least relocate them. By 1934 the traditional fighting top had been dead for nearly twenty years. On top of that those platforms are nowhere near big enough to accommodate them and their crews, not to mention ammunition.
Speaking of ammunition, getting it up there in the first place is going to be a rather tricky affair in and of itself.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: April 1st, 2013, 9:54 am
Nice designs!

What is the proposed laydown date for the large cruiser?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Norseland: The Viking AUPosted: April 1st, 2013, 10:51 am
Re: fighting tops, Thiel: your statement is not quite accurate. Look at the two first US "Tin clad" CA-classes. They were completed with machine gun platforms atop their main masts. And the Björn-class also have similar ones. I'd recommend some sort of ladder or steps, however, to reach it. As for its actual size, since we don't have a top view, we really cannot judge its roominess; it maybe much wider than you anticipate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 34 of 34  [ 336 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 130 31 32 33 34

Jump to: