Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 19  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1419 »
sebu
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 8:17 am
Nice job Boss! Especially a nasty F-14...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: October 29th, 2016, 2:07 pm
I've reworked some of the F-2s. More to come:

[ img ]

The "RF-2B", basically a tactical reconnaissance variant of the F-2B with the DB-110 pod (thanks to Glaciesfire for all the excellent F-16 parts!)

[ img ]

The RF-4C tactical recce aircraft being replaced by the RF-2B:

[ img ]

A "what if" Praetonian F-15E. We decided to go with the Super Hornet instead as the heavy fighter for the Commonwealth nations:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 1st, 2016, 2:48 am
Some more stuff.

First, the (ridiculous) electronic warfare "EF-14" I've invented for Doom's country:

[ img ]

Some more updated F-2s, first a maritime strike configuration and then a precision bombing loadout with the European 1 scheme:

[ img ]
[ img ]

The operational conversion trainer TF-2B variant with air combat maneuvering instrumentation pod, laser guided training rounds, and extra fuel tanks, painted in the standard maritime scheme.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 1st, 2016, 8:06 am
Love your F-14s! Always thought that was the sexiest aircraft ever, and it's a shame the line couldn't have continued with more advanced versions. I know that Grumman did have them on the drawing board, after all, but alas, too many things intervened.....

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 1st, 2016, 11:29 pm
Naturally I went overboard with the F-2 revisions and invented a bunch of variants that basically wouldn't work IRL, but this is AU after all. Yes, I realize that "F-2CJ" is not a really realistic designation but I went off the F-16CJ, so... there. Same with F-2DJ (and really all the others...) The RF-2 is just a normal F-2 with a DB-110 recon pod and Sniper XR. The F-2S/MTD ACTIVE is a completely ridiculous "super" version I made using elements from the F-16 MATV (thrust vectoring demonstrator) and the F-16 AFTI (integrated FLIR/NAV component demonstrator).

[ img ]

And of course, a variant of the last one with a paint scheme and a loadout (thanks again to GLACIESFIRE for his excellent F-16 kit):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 6:22 pm
Personally, I think the F-16 MATV elements are a stroke of genius--makes for both an attractive, and distinctive aircraft that stands out from the rest of the pack.

I do admit, however, the F-2 designation keeps making me think I'm looking at a modified Mitsubishi F-2. Are there any plans for F-16XL versions to show up? Since you have F-15Es, they likely aren't needed, but could always be export aircraft.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 6:52 pm
... you are literally looking at modified variants of Darth Panda's Mitsubishi F-2. ;) :P The manufacturer name has been changed to "MacMillan" because they are produced by a company in North Point (an English-speaking Western-style nation) in the SMSWorld AU.

The F-15Es are non-canon (as are the B-52s). They were thought experiments to see what those aircraft would look like in North Point paint schemes. The F-2 is the primary land-based/air force fighter aircraft operated by North Point - with F/A-18C/D operated as the primary carrier aircraft (those soon to come).

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 7:22 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The F-2 is the primary land-based/air force fighter aircraft operated by North Point - with F/A-18C/D operated as the primary carrier aircraft (those soon to come).
Is North Point going to operate aircraft carrier(s)? Although an Island nation, isn't North Point a bit small for a modern carrier?
I still have to get through that moon landing plot :?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 7:47 pm
We've changed quite a bit of the backstory and North Point is now a lot larger, with a bigger role to play worldwide. It sounds like it might be getting two Forrestal equivalents in the near future, but produced by its larger ally.

None of this is set in stone because no one can make a decision on how large the main Commonwealth player's navy is going to be.

(also, keep in mind that most of this AU is tongue-in-cheek ;) and to never, ever take any of it seriously..)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The SMSWorldPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 8:28 pm
Forrestal carriers with F-14s? Νice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 19  [ 187 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1419 »

Jump to: