Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Information about various AU ShipsPosted: March 28th, 2011, 7:34 am
As I slowly creat other AU nations, I created this thread to ask for some information about various AU ships.

First comes a question about AU Finland: In Sunday I searched the net for "Lemminkainen Class Frigate" and I found this temblate with 4 ships shown the evolution of Finnish Koni frigates.Obviously,this dates from the old forum aand is credited from Gollevainen.I post it here completely untouched,just for learn something about them,because is a interesting variant of Pr.1159 frigates (is also one of my favorites from Gollevainen's AU Finland) and I think plausible even for real Finland.In this thread I will post more Finnish AU designs to ask for information.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on May 2nd, 2011, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: March 28th, 2011, 8:25 am
Like I said in the PM, these ships are just product of my own imagination and not related to anything real-life (aside to the pr.1159 themselves) They were somewhat inspired by both GDR pr.133 class corvettes and a AU variant of that made by Hood in some distant past

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 5:18 am
Οk,but they are a very good effort and we can write their specifications and history (alternate of course),as Ι have in my computer information about real Κoni frigates.So,starting: Finnish had 2 Rigas in the past (Uusimaa class),like them but in late 1970's it was clear that Uusimaa needed replaycment.So in 1978,Αker Finnyards proposed several designs,all based to Soviet Ρr.1159 Κoni and 2 of these built.What do you think for this little altenative history?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: March 29th, 2011, 9:05 am
could be possible, thougth if finnish shipyards would have build soviet designed ships, then they would have been VALMET (state metal factories) owned yards, not private ones ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: March 30th, 2011, 7:25 am
I know this,but we are in an alternative scenario,as these ships are fictional.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: April 14th, 2011, 11:57 am
Something else now:Ιn real world is forbidden for Finland to have submarines as Ι know.Βut in shipbucket Finns have.Ι found 2 (fictional) interesting designs and would like some information about them such as when they were built,if they related with Soviet or Swedish submarines etc.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: April 14th, 2011, 12:05 pm
You have to be more spesific than that, I've done lot of AU submarines due the course of the years.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: April 14th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Gollevainen,Ι mean the Finnish subs found in your ΑU Finland:3 total,one old (and probably real,red/grey colour) and 2 newer alternative designs.Αbout the old submarine perhaps there is something in the net (and Ι will search about in-Wikipedia says that Finns had 5 during WWΙΙ).Τhis design looks to have German roots.Τhe 2 other designs look very Soviet and for these 2 Ι interested.Below are these submarines,untouched although credited.About the Shipyard:I would like an idea of naming a state-owned Finnish shipyard,as I will mentioned to it in my own AU Finland in ships history.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on April 16th, 2011, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 7:33 am
That still doesen't help me to locate the correct ones. Like I said, I've drawn quite lot of AU submarines to Finland during the years. The 5 OTL ones have always been included in the set, but I've always increased the ammount and selection by adding boats either from my imagination or retouched ones from other navies.
what do you mean by shipyards?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Information about AU Finnish ShipsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Who does care, leave it..

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: