Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 716 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 6:25 am
Quote:
Sad, worrying, upseting & disastrous
Sad to see some time lost in drawn personnal drawing (useless, with TOO many design errors/mistakes) when so many "real" or "never-were" designs are not drawn on Shipbucket

You have the (drawing) ability
But You can Not be Serious :(

Now this is not acceptable conduct in Shipbucket. The point of this forum/society is that everything within the shipbucket style and scale is endorsed to drawn, wether its a real ship, a concept or pure imagination of the artist. None has the right to go and say that these own designs are somewhat unwanted. Even if the above comment was not entire done with pure malice in mind, it still came out that way and is not acceptable.

So regarding to past missconducts, Colombamike you need to take good tought on your behaviour and posting manners. Despite some others say that you don't have a role in this forum, you have a part in this society but you need to improve your manners of communication, othervice that part is fullfilled by someone else. You have a week vacation to think these things trough.

Matter closed. Return in the topic in hand
Gollevainen

PS: No additional discussion in this thread or in any other about this offtopic issue anymore or the person who continues it joins Mike in his holiday

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 8:59 am
A crazily powerful design, but one that looks more feasible than the bigger Tillman designs. I like the looks of the ship too, pretty sleek and the secondary turrets look good too. I can't wait to see how this looks when its completed with the four-views too!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 1:53 pm
Hood wrote:
A crazily powerful design, but one that looks more feasible than the bigger Tillman designs. I like the looks of the ship too, pretty sleek and the secondary turrets look good too. I can't wait to see how this looks when its completed with the four-views too!
What is so unpractical with 4 sixtuple 16 inch turrets?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Karle94 wrote:
Hood wrote:
What is so unpractical with 4 sixtuple 16 inch turrets?

complicated gun construction, the extra beam the hull need further down in the hull, due to beamier turret. Or just that a triple turret is so more expensive to produce, compared to an twin (barrel cost is higher, due to larger construction needed for supporting a triple)

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 2:31 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 3:49 pm
jabba wrote:
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 9:06 pm
Hi David,

Looking great! I do have a question, though - just one rudder? I'd thought two would be the more normal setup?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 10:11 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi David,

Looking great! I do have a question, though - just one rudder? I'd thought two would be the more normal setup?

Regards,
Adam
depends on the era it is build in, and it's not always these ships have twin rudders.

Last edited by heuhen on July 14th, 2014, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 13th, 2014, 11:13 pm
In this time period battleships had one single rudder. Here is USS Tennessee from whom her hull was patterned from http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/014300o.jpg She also along with her contemporaries had a single rudder.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What if there were no Wash.Treart: USS New Hampshire BB-Posted: July 14th, 2014, 6:07 am
As far as I know, a sextuple turret was never seriously considered in detail design, never mind produced. The Tillman designs are best remembered as a "how-big-are-we-getting!?!?" idea, rather than a serious concept. I have grave concerns about anything bigger than a quad turret at any caliber (and quad is problematic itself!).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 16  [ 160 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 716 »

Jump to: