Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 7:37 pm
[ img ]
as said I have modified the ship a bit so it is suitable for operating in the utopian waters. 12 of these vessels are in service, of which 6 always on standby, located at 2 positions at the east and west coast and at both ends of the utopian channel. they are quick reaction ships for low value threads. they can be used for resque or customs service, to put an boarding party on board of an approaching ship or to stop small ships from approaching utopia unautorised. for the normal patrol services there are 'conventional' coast guard ships and OPV's.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 7:46 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
Thiel wrote:
The axe bow isn't really suited for that kind of mission. The axe bow is very efficient at high speeds, but terrible at low speed, and those kinds of missions requires long periods of slow speed steaming and the odd high speed dashes. That's why most ships build for that role is optimised for slow to medium speed steaming and carry either a large RHIB and/or a light helicopter to handle the dashes.
You shouldnt see it as a small OPV / IPV but more as a Safety Standby Vessel with the capacity of taking part in patrol operations in combination with other units (sea or air).

Small spinn off of the vessel , how a real patrol vessel of this type will look like. i know it isnt the good hull for it but its just nice looking ''refreshing''
[ img ]
I'm not, but the mission you describe, disaster management et al, require long on-station time and fairly little high speed time. If you want a non-standard bow, an X-bow would probably be more suited.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 10:49 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:

You shouldnt see it as a small OPV / IPV but more as a Safety Standby Vessel with the capacity of taking part in patrol operations in combination with other units (sea or air).
Ok, now it makes more sense.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: October 26th, 2010, 8:58 am
Maybe I've just been up too late, but it looks as if it's turning towards me and bending at the same time.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: