Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
WWII44
Post subject: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 4:21 pm
Here is the Alliance Navy Castel-class dreadnought. It's under construction but I wanted you guy's opinion before going further.

Note: I know the funnel is ridiculously tall, I will shorten it once I finished the forward superstructure.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 4:36 pm
Will the bridge include a platform extending around the forward funnel like the Austrian-Hungarian Tegetthof class? Or will you have a very small bridge like WWI era US battleships?

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 5:50 pm
Karle94 wrote:
Will the bridge include a platform extending around the forward funnel like the Austrian-Hungarian Tegetthof class? Or will you have a very small bridge like WWI era US battleships?
The Castel-class is based sort of off the SMS Konig.

EDIT: added more to it and such

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 6:53 pm
the smokestack should have more shorter...

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 7:10 pm
I would also remove the mid turret as it only destroyed the ship it was on more than it destroyed the ship fired on.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 7:12 pm
ONe question: Where exactly will the engine/engines room/rooms will be located?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Karle94 wrote:
I would also remove the mid turret as it only destroyed the ship it was on more than it destroyed the ship fired on.
Turrets like that were actually quite popular throughout the dreadnought era

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Novice wrote:
ONe question: Where exactly will the engine/engines room/rooms will be located?
I'll have top redisinged the props and rudder later but anyway, the Castel-class has two five cylender Compoud marine engins undeneathe the second funnel and a high pressure steam tubine aft of the recipricating engins, it has 15 scotch marine boilers that are fited with super heater tube sand can be fired with coal or oil. Superheated steam passes from the boilers to the turbine, the steam is the exausted into the two recipricating engines, finally the steam gose though the conencer and routed back to the boiler. any exess steam or fumes from the engine and boiler room are vented out the second funnel as well as the flue gases from the aftermost boilers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Thiel wrote:
Karle94 wrote:
That`s true, many bbs had them but they did cause more harm than good. The hull had to be strengthened taking up valuable space and weight, the magazine in the middle takes up space that could be used for extra engine power or armor and the blast and the shockwave from the guns could break more delicate equipments such as rangefinders, windows, binoculars and even damages the ship it self when fired. You also have to take into consideration the poor firing arc. These are just the cons I can come up with quickly. These cons are also present with wing turrets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Castel-classPosted: August 24th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Karle94 wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Karle94 wrote:
That`s true, many bbs had them but they did cause more harm than good. The hull had to be strengthened taking up valuable space and weight, the magazine in the middle takes up space that could be used for extra engine power or armor and the blast and the shockwave from the guns could break more delicate equipments such as rangefinders, windows, binoculars and even damages the ship it self when fired. You also have to take into consideration the poor firing arc. These are just the cons I can come up with quickly. These cons are also present with wing turrets.
All true to a degree, but it must have been considered worth it since they remained in vogue for twenty years.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: