Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 9:31 am
[ img ]

Last edited by ALVAMA on February 24th, 2012, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:39 am
This is damn awesome. But what is the 'tower' doing in the middle of the ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:46 am
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
Thankyou! it's a element seen on the USS Texas and I loved it so much I could not resist to add it!

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:52 am
Nice one Alex.
One minor nit, it looks like the shadows are going both ways. Is that intentional or am I just seeing things?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:58 am
Thiel wrote:
Nice one Alex.
One minor nit, it looks like the shadows are going both ways. Is that intentional or am I just seeing things?
some shades are intentional done that way, to give some effects I wanted to have :)

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 11:07 am
Fair enough.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 2:52 pm
It looks superb, but why the extra long catapult on the turret?

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 3:29 pm
My thought is that they would have kept the cage masts at least into WW2 like the Tennessees and Colorados. Depending on how badly they were damaged they might get more extensive refits. I don't think its impossible that a couple could have been completed with tripods, there were some thoughts about that with the South Dakotas, but I doubt they would have been refit with them.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 3:53 pm
Actually Alex they'd have constituted the core of at least two if not three Scouting Forces ( not Task Forces/Groups yet), assuming all of them (6) would've been completed, so, one group would've been stationed in the Atlantic, the other in the Pacific, and thus would've been with Halsey's carriers, under Rear Adm. Spruance, at the time of Pearl Harbor...thus, if that attack still would've taken place these ships would've been at sea, safe from the Japanese assault ...

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: Mighty Lex as she should have been!Posted: February 24th, 2012, 4:29 pm
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
Secondary main battery fire-control, since she's apparently not big enough to support a second tripod mast to have secondary main battery fire-control at equal height to the fire-control top on the foremast. It's like on the Wyoming and New York-class battleships. Oh, and ALVAMA, straighten out the catapult on C Turret, will you?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: