Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Scifibug
Post subject: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 3:14 am
Her Majesty's Republic of North America Undersea Exploriation Vessel Benjamin Franklin (1869)
Named for the 1760 holder of the Lucasian Chair of Mathematics Benjamin Franklin
[ img ]
surface tower and bottom legs extended
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 3:23 am
Interesting looking ship but is it even possible? And the red part screws up the drawing IMO.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am
Amazing! :o Did you (by any chance) inhale when you were younger? That apart, I salute this design, it looks like something from pre steampunk :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 9:34 am
nautilus meets that disney's atlantis vessel? :P anyways, interesting design.... I only have huge doubts about the size that tower takes in when folded.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 23rd, 2012, 10:31 am
Awesome!

[Quote]
Adm Emett
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 26th, 2012, 4:12 pm
The Steel is probably not that thick

I am an Admiral of the Mcnenrian Royal Navy....and an Anglophile a lover of English things. also I like the Red Fleet. I am here on shipbucket to bulid a navy. I will maybe post a thread for artists to submit designs. I will make the navy basically UK with the USN budget.....

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 27th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
Interesting looking ship but is it even possible? And the red part screws up the drawing IMO.
Possible? Considering it was built one year before "20000 Leagues Under the Sea" was written, only in some alternative Steampunk world.
I considered changing the red part but I kind of like it, a salute to my fictional engineering counterparts.
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Did you (by any chance) inhale when you were younger?
Several times each day, along with exhaling. I call it breathing. What comes out of twisted mind has more to do with sleep deprivation than controlled substances. :D
acelanceloet wrote:
nautilus meets that disney's atlantis vessel? anyways, interesting design.... I only have huge doubts about the size that tower takes in when folded.
The Nautilus, Ulysses and the Seaview all influenced the design of this vessel.
The tower exactly fits the width of the hull. (If I ever revise it I may make it slightly shorter and slimmer, got to think on it.

Sorry for the delay, work and family and trying to reduce my sleep deprivation account.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 27th, 2012, 3:44 pm
naturally it fits :P the problem with me would be more the space it takes when folded, while the bottom tower takes a part of that same space... while possible, not something I would recommend.
part of this would be easily solved by giving it an surface mode with the tower up, and an bottom mode with the 'door tower' down, making both one huge part that can go up and down into the hull and is accesable in both stances by doors which stay inside the pressure hull. that way, no space is lost and it makes the engineering easier, but downcreases the earodynamic efficiency ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 27th, 2012, 4:10 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
making both one huge part that can go up and down into the hull
Why do I get this nasty vision in my head? But a good suggestion, I think I'll do a few sketches.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMNAUEV Benjamin Franklin (1869)Posted: March 27th, 2012, 5:42 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
earodynamic
Ah yes, the much belittled field of jug-ear research ;)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: