Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
gral
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: July 31st, 2010, 10:23 am
Colosseum wrote:
Depth charges offer capabilities torpedoes lack. I'll be a hack and use the Red Storm Rising example... Russian sub is holding position over the wreck of the Andrea Doria, so torpedoes can't get a lock on it for some reason, so the British helicopter drops depth charges to sink it.
IIRC, ASW torpedoes had trouble with keeping lock on stationary targets, so depth charges still had use. I think this is not an issue with more modern torpedoes.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: August 1st, 2010, 5:38 am
acelanceloet wrote:
are dept charges even in use today? I can't think of an ship equipped with it.... but I can be wrong... wouldn't an mortar do the work easier and better, without the dangers of exposed dept charges??
i dont think dept charges are used in the new modern ships,but some of the ships used now might have them maybe.weren't dept charges mostly used around WWII?

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: August 1st, 2010, 5:39 am
looks like a cool ship i like asian ships

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: August 1st, 2010, 5:41 am
Do not double post, if you have a new thought and want to add it, use the edit button.
Quote:
i dont think dept charges are used in the new modern ships,but some of the ships used now might have them maybe.weren't dept charges mostly used around WWII?
And please, if you truly have nothing to add, keep your mouth shut.

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: November 13th, 2010, 10:17 pm
I heard a rumor that these ships have a certain vulnerability to midget submarines. Who would have thunk' it?

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: South Korea Cheonan Class FrigatePosted: November 14th, 2010, 4:19 am
CATZ wrote:
I heard a rumor that these ships have a certain vulnerability to midget submarines. Who would have thunk' it?
That is not to be funny. But i used your post to reopen the topic some kind of here is the most recent version '' FKG-A'' capable of laying mines and or ''CAPTOR'' type systems , with a small conficuration change the vessel could be used as a minehunting frigate ,due to the already installed TSM 2022 MKIII mine
hunting hull-mounted sonar.

[ img ]

Special for colo your own firetruck red hull.
[ img ]

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: