Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 30th, 2013, 5:05 am
Agapito Flores class fast attack craft/submarine chaser. I based this on the design of the Sparviero class hydrofoil.

I'de like to intoduce you the Agapito Flores fast attack craft and submarine chaser. It is low cost but it's promising features made it versatile and reliable. This crafts main purpose is for ASW, but can also be used in engaging fast moving crafts for patrol. Philippines need this type of vessels because the islands are not that separated that they can patrol quickly.
Each vessel can go up to 50 knots with the help of it's waterjets.
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/Ruzze ... c.png.html

Armaments include:
1x OTO Melara 76mm compact gun
2x triple Mark 32 torpedo tubes for Mark 46 torpedoes
2x TERNE III anti-submarine warfare weapon system, each carries 6 Mk.8 depth charge throwing rockets
2x 12.7mm machine guns

Electronic Warfare:
Prarie/Masker air bubbler noise suppression system

Radars:
Sperry Mark 92 FCS
Kongsberg MSI-90 FCS for the ASW weapon system
STN Atlas DSQS-24 bow sonar
Sperry BridgemasterE navigational radar
AN/SPS-67 radar

Last edited by PhilippineNavy on March 30th, 2013, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 30th, 2013, 6:31 am
Looks promising,but i cannot see it large,only tiny.

[Profile] [Quote]
PhilippineNavy
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 30th, 2013, 6:37 am
I think each vessel accounts only $30 million or less.
Philippines should adopt these because our country faces threat from the Chinese huge submarine arsenal. The Prarie noise suppression system will disable sonars of these submarines, making these dreadful monsters into useless underwater junks, for they need sonars to target. :ugeek:
This can be also an export design. South Korea will consider this low cost but versatile and reliable vessels because of China and North Korea's submarine threat.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 30th, 2013, 8:46 am
That ship will not work:

- Terne III needs three deck (yes there are an version that used two deck but that one was didn't work as good) Terne III consist of the launcher with six rockets (Terne III are firing all six in a salvo when they attack an submarine), then under the launcher you have the main weapon deck with control, and first carousel for rockets, the deck bellow you have two carousels with rockets, and the deck bellow are the magazine.
- The smallest boat to carry Terne III is the Sleipner class and they was 70 meter long and had a slow hull that could carry more cargo.
- you have given the boat to much. a boat of that size are usually having one small canon and some rockets or torpedoes.

I'll come back to you when I have come back from my holiday.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 31st, 2013, 8:36 pm
Now I am back from holiday so:

- That superstructure you have in front of the Terne III launcher is the 3" main gun magazine on the Oslo class.

- Terne III needs three deck, you can do it by only two deck but then you have only enough ammo for launch for 3 maybe four attack. (Terne III have six rockets in it's launcher, When attacking and submarine it's launching 3 three rockets to make an ring around where the submarine are, The in build magnetic sonar will detonate the explosive when it detect the submarine are one the same depth to it (all six Terne III will explode almost on the same time (death zone)). That is just one attack, it would have to reload before it can do it again.

[ img ]

I have got some newer information of what stands here, that information says the system is much larger than I have drawn it to be on this drawing.
[ img ]

The Terne III is light compared to other ASW systems, But it took a lot of space, that is also why Norway used the 3" american gun without no bellow deck loader, only loading from ready magazine aft of the gun (Manual loading, WW2 style!)

Terne III consist of the launcher up on the deck with six ready and almost always armed rockets (Specially on patrol), the deck bellow have an carousel with five rockets and one rockets free on the deck that have to be loaded up manually, on the same deck you have the main controller for the system, the deck bellow of that have two carousel with either five or six rockets each (all rockets in these carousel are ready for use, the last armament will be done electronic (if it works) when it have come up in the launcher), The last deck have the main magazine where all the rockets are stored. On Oslo If I am not wrong they had 4 ready rounds (24 rockets) and around 48 to 84 rockets stored in the magazine, and some stored in various location around the ship.

Totally the system consist of three deck with Terne III weapon system, large and powerful sonar in the bow, where the electronics are taking up almost all the space in the bow together with the Terne III, Terne III reach from the Sonar and aft to the ship sickbay, There is also an secondary magazine for the main gun there to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 31st, 2013, 11:07 pm
For a ship of that size, I would recommend the RBU-6000 antisubmarine rocket launcher. The launcher does not have any deck penetration so it could be used on small ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: March 31st, 2013, 11:40 pm
Judah14 wrote:
For a ship of that size, I would recommend the RBU-6000 antisubmarine rocket launcher. The launcher does not have any deck penetration so it could be used on small ships.
Yes that is an good solution. Though we don't have it drawn yet here on SB if I am remembering correct.

My solution will be moving the Torpedo tubes to the aft deck, add the RBU-6000 on the fordeck and replace the 76 mm with and 40 mm. The RBU-6000 will need some space.

But here comes an another problem, this hull have no capability for ASW work, first it doesn't have Sonar, and this ships is build with skies for high speed travel, something that will be very very very noisy when doing ASW work and last this ship will be to expensive to build for what he is thinking about.

BTW ASW mission and High speed is not always a good combination!

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: April 1st, 2013, 2:47 am
The RBU-6000 has already been drawn here at SB on Russian ships. I saw this part sheet in the old forums with a RBU-6000.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Philippine Navy Self-Reliance ProgramPosted: April 1st, 2013, 9:06 am
First thing you need to do is bring back the credits, because if I'm not mistaken you're using Mikoshik's drawing of the Pegasus class.
Oh and you seem to have cut the hydrofoils of her without even considering what that might do. (Hint, it's not going t0 be pretty)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: