Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
ALVAMA
Post subject: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 4:24 pm
Does anyone know were I can find refenerces, drawings or plans dealing them?

[Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 8:49 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Does anyone know were I can find refenerces, drawings or plans dealing them?
I live in Norway, so ... we have at least one of the largest oil rigs in the world . Will see if I can find something.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 9:31 pm
Troll A

It stands almost 500 meters tall and weighs 656,000 tons - it's one of the biggest man-made objects ever towed.
When it was set down on the sea floor, it sank about 30 meters into the seabed:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... atform.jpg
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/10 ... l-gas.html

When the oil platform was being built, the Americans pressed on to get it done as quickly as possible. But as replied the Norwegian Foreign Minister back to the Americans, and showed them simultaneously: "We need time to build the Troll A, for what we intend to do is create a set of pillars that we place at the bottom, to then make some new columns and place them upside down on top of that the first pillars and on top of that there the entire factory! will be placed "he said as he showed it with some Coke bottles. Americans trod he was drunk or something! hahaha! Have added a illustrations how this example he showed the Americans might have looked:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 10:35 pm
...I'm not clear if I follow, heuhen

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 10:46 pm
klagldsf wrote:
...I'm not clear if I follow, heuhen
In short: Americans would offer us from Norway, engineers to construct the drawings for the oil rig, they thought that we were only a few stupid farmers, and when they got to see the model of the Troll A platform consisting of coka cola bottles and books, they thought we was completely ****.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 1:19 am
I had always wanted to draw an oil platform in SB scale, but it was always way too complex. Hopefully some of the Shipbucket Super Drawers (ALVAMA, Darth Panda) can draw one!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: oil rigs, drilling platforms, offshore all that kindPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 1:21 am
http://commercial.apolloduck.com/featur ... ?id=145407

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: