Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 3:36 pm
Hello!
I'm watching this Forum for some time already. Below is my first attempt at Shipbucket-style drawing. For the start I've chosen something rather small and relatively simple. It's a Polish cold war era submarine chaser of the 912M type (Groźny class, or Obluze Mod. in NATO code). Eight such vessels served in the Polish Navy between 1970 and 2004. Picture shows the ship during it's early service - still with MR-104 radar (between mast and funnel).
I hope there aren't TOO MANY errors - either in the drawing itself or with technical things like file name etc.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 4:24 pm
It is a good start!
I would use a red "more red" for the flags meaning more similar to the hull one
I don't know this unit but I would suggest to try to add some more details (if possible) and I would shade the mast.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 5:32 pm
Thank You Lazer_one. :)
As for the red color of the flag and hull, I get them both from pictures of other post-war Polish warships here, precisely to have possibly best shades.
Since some hours have already passed since I made this picture, now I see that I could indeed fix some details.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 6:02 pm
Now I hope it's better. Shaded mast, added several details. Of course I'm aware that it's still FAR from perfect. ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 6:19 pm
The line just forward of the porthole in the superstructure should be dark grey and not black since the bulkhead only bends some 45 degrees and not the full 90 that a black line indicates.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 7:18 pm
Welcome to ShipBucket, eswube.
It is not a bad start indeed; a few minor tweaks and it'll be a very good drawing.
Here's my 2 cents of advice. Make sure the funnel is shaded in very dark gray instead of black. Also the platform with the radar should be 3 pixels thick as I guess it's supposed to hold a human. Also I would suggest paying a bit more attention to details, such as liferafts, boat, searchlight etc.
Good luck ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 9:00 pm
Thank You for Your input. I've made the changes You've suggested (or at least tried to), but I'll wait a bit with posting the drawing, as perhaps there will be more suggestions.

Thiel - it's rather something like 60-65 degrees, but I get Your point.

WhyMe - I've made the radar platform 3 pixels thick, though I'd say it looks bit odd now. I tried to add some details too, though on the other hand it's a small drawing and there isn't too much space for it. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm
Welcome aboard. Your drawing is a good start, but may I suggest that you use parts from "parts sheet" like the guns (which I believe are the Soviet twin 30mm mounting so common in Eastern -Block navies, during the Cold War), and the radar also, aside from other small details like doors and portholes which can also be found in the "Parts Sheet".
Anyway a good start, and again welcome.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 8:09 am
Wow, someone not beginning with a ridicoulous battleshipthing.

Very good start! Not much left to improve. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 9:45 am
An excellent start.

The only point I would add to the comments above is that SB standard 5 pixel wide railings should be used too. Other than that it looks like a very good start.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: