Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 5:29 pm
V 1.6 is here!
For this one, I ditched the multi hue-version, as I don't really have the patiance to make two versions. I could do it though, if someone really think I should. That'll have to wait for the "final approved" version though. I took three different ships of the era from the forum and studied them, as to see what I could add. I still feel there is a way to go, but as I'm half blind( ;) )in detail term, I'll let you help me until I've got it straight. Hope you're feeling helpfull! :D
So yah, this has been further recouloring, a bit shading, adding some details, and heightening some deck. Hope you like it!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 22nd, 2011, 5:31 pm
The hull should be darker than the superstructure.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 23rd, 2011, 10:39 am
Make some admins happy, use templates.
You will find them here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1243

For the ship: yes, I like it.

Some details:
- the screws look a bit modern. How about 3-bladed ones?
- add a hook to the crane
- add more rigging. There must be ladders to enter the platform.
- add gundirectors
- do the secondairy turrets really have a door on each side?
- try some more shading, the sections around the screws seems unclear

A good start! Need help? Ask!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 23rd, 2011, 2:10 pm
Ashley wrote:
Make some admins happy, use templates.
You will find them here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1243

For the ship: yes, I like it.

Some details:
- the screws look a bit modern. How about 3-bladed ones?
- add a hook to the crane
- add more rigging. There must be ladders to enter the platform.
- add gundirectors
- do the secondairy turrets really have a door on each side?
- try some more shading, the sections around the screws seems unclear

A good start! Need help? Ask!
Well, I'm allready in the business of adding rigging.
A hook has been added to the crane as well.
The superstructure is based largely on the QE class BBs(even moreso in the coming V. 1.7 than earlier), and I've just now gotten a good picture on how a ladder could be placed, so I haven't gotten around to put it on.
I have no idea what so ever which gun directors could/should be used. Any advice?
I am currently fixing the props.
About the turrets... I'm not entirely sure. The other version(I use a recoloured version of Psilander's turret)of the single turret(this one uses doubles) here on shipbucket has the door, so I thought I would keep it.
I kind of have some trouble in doing any excessive shading without suddenly making it a MHS-work, which is something I wan't to avoid.
Templates will be used as well from now on.
Thanks for the advices!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 23rd, 2011, 7:49 pm
And here is the inevitable V. 1.7. This time I'll let you see what I've changed instead of me telling you everything!
Hope you like it!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 23rd, 2011, 11:25 pm
The prop shafts and armor belt on the underwater hull should be the same color as the hull, and the border of the armor belt should be lighter than the hull. Great draw though. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 24th, 2011, 1:07 am
there we go

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 24th, 2011, 9:04 pm
She is looking very good now (few details to fix as mentioned above) but you have to look at your txt and doing it in the right fonts and the drawers inside the same brackets but in the opposite row ;)
And the template you use is the old one. All new templates are with "www.shipbucket.com" in the lower right corner.

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 24th, 2011, 9:33 pm
I just realized, technically it could be considered a very large pre-dreadnought because it's got a pretty hefty, turreted secondary battery.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 25th, 2011, 9:29 am
klagldsf wrote:
I just realized, technically it could be considered a very large pre-dreadnought because it's got a pretty hefty, turreted secondary battery.
Maybe so, maybe not. With an all-big-gun main artillery (eight 11" guns), I consider it a dreadnought.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: