Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 11:44 pm
Can we please get back to the ship before we get to off topic.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 11:46 pm
I don't know why you guys even bother...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 11:49 pm
This^

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 12:26 am
APDAF wrote:
Can we please get back to the ship before we get to off topic.
To be honest, after a month of us trying to be nice and offering help, and another month of us making cracks while some members still try to help, the only reason that it is any better is that other people have drawn parts of it. You need to start making progress or I'm going to start locking threads. Real progress. Progress that I can see.

Do you understand?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 11:06 am
I can't see much progress. Like the yacht thread its becoming a case of taking everyone elses work and sticking it together. Yes its kitbasking but on a gross scale and there seems to be no logic in the whole thing.
The rise in fustration and sarcastic comments is rising in all these threads. If no-one has anything constructive to say then don't say it. I'd lock this thread now but I'll accept Tim's patience and I'll wait to see if anything better comes together.

One piece of advice APDAF, don't bother about the AU or the name or why everyone has to say it. It has nothing to with the design of the warship. Focus on the design of the ship, focus on the purpose of the ship. Forget the name, forget all the wacky AU ideas and just focus on making the ships. Fill in the AU blanks later.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 11:33 am
Now what needs doing on the ship?

O.T. You need to sort out you post Hood.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 11:52 am
Quote:
Long formal titles for monarchs are not anything out of the ordinary. For example, "Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith"
But not ever a ships name. I can just imagine the problems with signalling :lol: Also, I don't know about other navies, but the RN, and particularly the RAN, has a tradition (on the lower deck) of altering ships names into something funnier. Now back to the saga ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 11:56 am
APDAF you've aksed that question for nine pages!!
You seem to want others to do the legwork for you. Right see the attached and take that as a FIRST step. Do what needs to be done from the attached picture. Then go look at ten other battleships on this forum and compare yours. Look at what is lacking from yours and then make some other changes on your own and then we'll see what progress has been made.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 12:00 pm
and all this also still counts, IMO
[ img ]
I have posted this before, in the FIRST comment of this thread. it explains many of the suggestions hood does above this..... so don't say you didn't knew!

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 4th, 2012, 1:30 pm
Hood, the aft mast doesn't neccessarily have to be a tripod. The QE class had an arrangement like that, tripod forward and pole aft.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »

Jump to: