Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 2:10 am
You're laughing at me now? Oooooohhhh, I am so simultaneously scared and in awe of your authoritative presence.

Seriously, is it physically possible to fail any harder at trolling, or counter-trolling, or whatever it is you think you're accomplishing? BTW I'm officially doubting your service again.

EDIT: Tell you what, if Colo's convinced, I'll start to believe you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 2:47 am
The only one here doing anything other than talking and learning about naval topics and pixel art is you, which is probably why you don't see any successful trolling or whatever other juvenile forum wars crap you apparently are into. Honestly I think I was on my 5th post in the Beginning Drawing Forum before you went of on your ridiculous and ultimately disastrous rant. Is that your thing, to haunt the dedicated newbie forum and pic on self declared (remember that whole dedicated forum thing) novices? Does that make you feel big and strong?

Lets catalogue you contributions in this thread:
1.) "I'm super awesome and there is no way you are in the Navy LOL!"
2.) ....

Yeah, it looks like you are a real contributor. We get it, you got curb stomped in the laser discussion and then caught lying and you feel the need to save some face. But if your sole participation in these threads is just to fail miserably at somehow getting revenge of whatever your nebulous goal is you could just PM me your insults and save the rest of us engaged with the purpose of this site some time and bandwidth.

So you have spent a lot of time on warships eh? Where were you stationed? What's your rate? How many years have you been in? Or maybe you are a merchant mariner? I ask because while you seem to have a need to disparage everyone else's relevant experiance as far as I can tell you might have seen a ship on the TV once or twice. Or was it that fishing weekend on the lake that makes you an expert? Surly as you are the only one here trying to pull rank you must have something to point to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 2:53 am
Gentlemen, please... is this really necessary?
Quote:
EDIT: Tell you what, if Colo's convinced, I'll start to believe you.
And now wait a minute - why are you throwing my name around? I am not involved in this cat fight and don't want to be...

[Profile] [Quote]
Fox
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 2:06 pm
I personnaly think you guys are taking it too far, Please try to stay on-topic.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 5:26 pm
schepper911 wrote:
kinda strange place to have that nssms ?? how will you reload it ?
it is quite common for VLS launched missiles to be only reloaded in port, or at least with the help of an crane. on an OPV, a ship where I wonder why he has NSSM at all, the current carried load is most likely enough.

Shipright, I don't think anyone is doubting you have been in the USN. What we can doubt though, is your knowledge you learned from this. sorry to say, but experience learns us that not anyone who served on a ship is also knowledgeable about every aspect of every ship. and that is what counts here. do not expect us to let everything you say be taken as the truth, purely on your own word. respect of the shipbucket community is to be earned

there was actually something you saw wrong on your first comment here, as it was disproven, but don't be insulted when you are proven wrong..... as that seems to be what all this discussion started with in the first place, if I see it correctly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 5:51 pm
I don't claim to be a guru for everything nautical, but as the slap down klagldsf took in the FFLX thread showed where literally every comment he made was wrong and then he was caught lying with that graphic of his I have shown to have more than cursory knowledge on USN related topics. More to the point though the reason klagldsf and some others are running into issues here is the rudness of their posts, not the necessarily the content. Seriously, thats three denials of my service by him now because he can't handle a newbie refusing to kotow to him.

I am no artist, I have MUCH to learn in this regard. However just because you might be good at pixel art does not make you a nautical expert, and no matter how long you have been producing really good art on this site it is not a substitute for real world knowledge of the ships and technology behind that art. I comment on both and learn about both, some here appear to only be interested in the commenting.

You in particular have already taught me a lot, and I have incorporated pretty much every comment you have given me. Thats because they make sense, unlike that of another poster on here.

As for the NSSM many of the US ships that were built with crane modules int their VLS like the older DDG51s are having them put in layup our outright removed. Even those who have active cranes like my last ship only use them to assist in port loading at a weapons station. I haven't witnessed or heard about a missile being passed via UNREP in many many years, and if they could they would have to be loaded right away as there is nothing but deck space to store them. Warshot loading isn't really a priority anymore with the assumption being threats can be handled with previously loaded inventories. Volume and yeild are no longer the benchmarks for battlefield effectivness, battlespace awarness and having the right tool for the right mission and getting there FIRST are the keys. Even SVTT on DDG51s generally have no reload capability as the torpedo magazines have been converted to UAV workshops in many cases.

In the case of this ship it would be hard to imagine where it would be exposed to a threat where more than eight shots would be needed on such a regular basis to warrant taking up space with a magazine and reload equipment.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 6:33 pm
I myself actually agree with many of the posts Klagldsf made, including at least some of the ones in your FFLX thread. he also has learned me quite a bit back when I joined. I would not pass his judgement as entirely wrong. but, it is not my task here to prove people right or wrong, just trying to end this mess here.

on the point of reloads, yes, VLS missiles were sometimes reloaded at sea, (the strikedown crane fitted in the first Mk 41 fits proves this) but it was never practical and the crane was not strong enough to take the tomahawk. I know that at least on GMLS (mk 26, Mk 13, Mk 12, Mk 10, for example ) equipped ships missile UNREP was possible, but I do not know if it was common. VLS gives more missiles on the same space, and after the cold war especially, strikedown cranes did not really make sense as indeed, the carried loads were considered enough. (the same goes for the DDG-51 SVTT, with the dissapearance of the soviet submarine fleet thread, self defence ASW was put on a lot lower priority then it was before.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: