Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1741 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 7:56 pm
do you know what an expansion joint is?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 8:00 pm
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 27th, 2014, 12:02 am
Expansion joint would be like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nJoint.jpg

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 27th, 2014, 12:08 am
[ img ]

Seen here on the Titanic as two dar vertical lines located aft of the third and first funnel

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 27th, 2014, 3:05 am
Hi LordBladaime

May I ask what's probably a daft question - and I apologise for quite possibly not getting into the spirit of things - but what exactly are you planning on shooting with your 2-metre shells that won't be killed by the 1-metre shells that you're firing from your secondary battery?

Don't get me wrong, I've penned a few excessive ideas in my own time (I even drew a daft H45 once - which suffered from acres and acres of blank plate on the sides because I kind of lost interest when confronted with so ... much ... hull) but "real" H45 was a believable (to an extent) hoax and was still excessive. And your ship is twice the length - I just don't understand the reasoning.

If it's purely "it's cool", fair enough, but the other thing is that drawing that ship to any level of detail is going to be a real grind - something I've learned from the bigger-than-I-wanted-it-to-be Drachenodem Atem - and that's less than a fifth the length of this ship. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you can draw a heck of a lot quicker than me, but five times more stuff to do? Are you sure?

Regards,
Adam

P.S. by "believable" I mean that I could believe Hitler would have wanted one, if somebody had been nuts enough to suggest it to him. Speer would have probably had that person shot before he could get near Hitler for the sake of the Reich, though...

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 28th, 2014, 7:54 pm
here is what KM fuhrer looks like now

[ img ]

pretty good right?

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 28th, 2014, 9:47 pm
Hi LordBladaime,

A trick I learned on this forum, actually, to help with the white background ("pixel trash") - pick a really garish colour (MS Paint has an eye-gouging green that's quite useful for this) - colour the background in this colour using the fill tool, and you'll be able to see all of the background that isn't white. You can then clear that up using the eraser or pencil tool, and return the background to white once you're done with it.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 28th, 2014, 10:27 pm
I think the first thing that should be done is to finish tracing the original source drawing and then work on finishing it. Right now it looks like a mash up.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 1st, 2014, 5:19 am
what i do to clean up an drawing is to save it in paint at the lowest quality.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 9:05 pm
but is that a good job judging by what The original image I started with?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1741 »

Jump to: