Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 47 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page « 145 46 47 48 4961 »
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 6:56 pm
Superb work everyone! And here's my sheet on parade uniform of the austrian army 1868-1914:
[ img ]
In 1868 after nearly disastrous defeat in the Austro-Prussian war the Austro-Hungarian Army adopted new dark blue uniform instead of the famous white uniform, which was now used only by high-ranked officers. It was used as a battle dress until 1909 when the new light grey-and-blue uniform was adopted. Since 1909 it was used only as parade dress.
The first figure shows uniform of the "german" regiments, the second - uniform of the "hungarian" regiments, 3rd - uniform of the rifle batallions (austro-hungarian army had 26 separate rifle batallions and 2 Tirolean rifle regiments), 4th - uniform of the bosnian rifle batallion, 6th - uniform of the bosnian infantry (4 infantry regiments). The last figure shows parade uniform of the artillery units.

P.S. I think it would be good to draw not only chilean uniforms of the Pacific war, but also uniforms of their enemies - Peru and Bolivia - the bolivians even had a regiment of cuirassiers in their army :)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Hi Andrzej:
I had "discovered" the figurines recently, only few weeks ago, and I am astonished of the fantastic source of information, datail, good quality and general excellence (and you have your part in it!) of that nice drawings. I can try with the peruvian soldiers of the era, but the height of the figurines (relative to LAR / FAL / L1 rifle) is taller than the average height of the peruvian soldier (even now). So I will need to draw a "shorter" version (the gurkhas looks also very tall for the actual size of that brave soldiers). Cheers.

PS: The presidential guard of Bolivia has a ceremonial uniform almost identical to the uniform of Colorados regiment of 1879.

Last edited by reytuerto on May 10th, 2016, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 7:59 pm
I believe the scale is 1.5cm / 1 pixel. The profiles are based on a 6' tall man.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 8:34 pm
Oh! I only know one peruvian officer of that era of that height! The ranks must be 10 to 15 clicks of the mouse shorter!
So, I want to ask if a shorter figurine is within de style standart? Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 8:44 pm
I don't see why not. I've always focused on getting the uniforms and accoutrements looking correctly and never really stopped to think about the actual height of the man being depicted.

Franscale is a very loosely-interpreted scale/style without strict rules so you are of course free to draw as you so choose.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 10th, 2016, 8:49 pm
Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 11th, 2016, 8:05 am
[ img ]
Swiss Army World War 1 Uniforms:
The swiss army uniform in 1914 was the Uniform Ord. 1898 in dark blue. After a while the dark blue army uniform and soft Tschako hats began to be replaced by field grey Uniform Ord. 1914 and the steel helmet 1917. I know that there existed also a field cap much like the mountain cap of the austrians to the Uniform Ord. 1898, but it can be rarly seen on photographs. On the floor screed of my grandmother there was a complete set of a Uniform Ord. 1898, but somebody threw it away after she died in 1993. I also think that the uniform Ord. 1914/17 was used by some units of the swiss army until the late 1970s, when the last Units received the combat dress 73 in camouflage. At that time swiss citizens had to serve (if they were privates) until the age of 50. Military units with younger men did receive the combat Dress 73 long time before units with older men.

Last edited by Glorfindel on May 11th, 2016, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 11th, 2016, 8:39 am
[ img ]
a fusilier from Zurich in the Sonderbund War of 1847, the last war on swiss soil. The uniform is very inspired by the french uniform of that time.

The Sonderbund War was a conflict between seven cantons, predominantly catholic and governed by conservative administrations, which formed the Sonderbund, and the others cantons with liberal administrations. General Guillaume-Henri Dufour led the federal army of 100,000 men in a short and very well led campaign and defeated the Sonderbund. It was the beginning of the modern federal swiss state. After Genral Dufour, who had many talents, the highst mountain peak in Switzerland is named, the Dufourspitze.

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 11th, 2016, 8:42 am
reytuerto wrote:
Hi, Glorfindel. Your uniforms are an oustanding collection of drawings. Excellent work, really!
May you say me where are your chilean uniforms of the War of the Pacific? Thanks.
I did not publish it until today. I only drew until now the uniforms of the War of the Pacific, which the modern chilean army shows sometimes on parades.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 12th, 2016, 1:29 am
Assorted Uniforms of the Russo-Japanese War - 1904-1905
[ img ]

From left to right:
first row (Russians): infantryman, dragoon, general, cossack of the 3rd Regiment of Orenburg, artillery officer
second row (Japanese): infantryman, guards infantryman, infantry officer, general, cavalryman

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 47 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 145 46 47 48 4961 »

Jump to: