Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Colosseum
Post subject: North Point mapsPosted: April 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Specifically, an Interstate Highway system, because drawing ships isn't fun anymore!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 10th, 2011, 10:36 pm
Speed Limit: Reasonable and Prudent? lol sounds good to me :P

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm
It was the speed limit in Montana for a while in the 90s.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 10th, 2011, 11:43 pm
Hello stupid numbering system (mostly the 3 digit portion)!

And if I have the general scale correct (from what has been posted in the past), it's not really an interstate system so much as a highway system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 11th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Quote:
Hello stupid numbering system (mostly the 3 digit portion)!
I think you'll find similar examples across the United States... take for example the "635" loop around Dallas/Fort Worth. Sticking to the "even number for east/west, odd for north/south" is rather difficult when your highway system is as complicated as this one. Taking into account the geography of the islands, plus the need to service each of the cities made the numbering system difficult. The 3 digit highways are mostly bypasses of major cities, roads built after the main layout was constructed, or just ways of saving numbers for use later on.

Yes, it's more of an intrastate highway system (exception being Interstate 20 which runs the distance of the two northernmost islands), but I don't really care that much. These are highways built in the US interstate style (elevated roadway, controlled access, high (or no) speed limit). Plus I like bringing examples of everyday things I do into North Point (ie, drive around the USA).

At any rate, you need to work on being a bit more constructive towards people. I've always found your general attitude snippy and needlessly rude, and I feel like you don't really draw or do much of anything yourself, so I'm not sure where the attitude comes from in the first place. Mostly your comments are pedantic in nature and directed towards things that don't really matter (ie, a highway system I made for my own entertainment in a fictional country). I know you are a level 999 engineering student but you should seriously adjust your attitude a bit because it's quite irritating. :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 11th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The 3 digit highways are mostly bypasses of major cities, roads built after the main layout was constructed, or just ways of saving numbers for use later on.
That's not that primary issue. The primary issue is that most places generate 3 digit numbers by adding a digit before or after the nearby primary. This is done to make the system easier to use by drivers in a pre-SatNav environment. You didn't do that, and it looks like your three digit numbering was rather randomized.

In retrospect I should have simply said "Hello stupid three digit numbering system!"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 11th, 2011, 7:02 pm
Quote:
That's not that primary issue. The primary issue is that most places generate 3 digit numbers by adding a digit before or after the nearby primary. This is done to make the system easier to use by drivers in a pre-SatNav environment. You didn't do that, and it looks like your three digit numbering was rather randomized.
That's an interesting observation; why didn't you just post that before? It would have been much more helpful and would have allowed me to make changes without raging at you for really no reason...

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 11th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Oh good lords, I though I was the only one who draw this kind of map.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 12th, 2011, 9:16 am
Nope. I do too just never post anything up...

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: North Point mapsPosted: April 12th, 2011, 9:41 pm
I've done similar stuff, just for railways.

If it were my highway system, I'd use a number-by-islands thing. Since the system is broken into parts, I'd apply the first digit to tell what island it's on; then I'd use the second number to identify the particular segment. Thataways, I-45 is the 5th road on the 4th Island. Just my two cents!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: