Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 46 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 144 45 46 47 48166 »
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: April 30th, 2013, 10:31 pm
Oh, YES.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: April 30th, 2013, 10:49 pm
Erm, what was wrong with them? I drew and detailed the M1903 from my own rifle.

If you just shaded it, I don't know why you would put your name on it like that. I can understand for the scoped variants but not the baseline rifles.

Also, you have the first rifle labeled as the "Mark 1", which was the Springfield tooled to accept the Pedersen device - a modification which is entirely invisible from the right side of the rifle. If you are going to label it "Mark 1", then you should draw the left hand side view of the rifle to show the appropriate changes. My rifle is a Mark 1 and I was not able to find any differences that would be visible on a standard Lazy Gunbucket drawing showing only the right side.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 1st, 2013, 5:24 pm
Colo, that's what you labeled it, lol. I also re-colored it, not saying you did anything wrong, of course. I just added a bit of detail. So not changing what you labeled it makes me lazy? I'll guess that you're having a bad day and leave it at that.

(Edited: Sorry, had just woken up and was not entirely observant of my grammar, apologies.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 1st, 2013, 5:57 pm
The commas, so many commas.

Anyway, I see now that I did in fact label it as the Mark 1 so that's on me for not drawing the left side. I will get around to that at some point. I'm still not entirely sure why you felt the need to recolor it - I colored it to match the other U.S. rifles of the period that I've already drawn. I am not really impressed with the fact that you recolored it to what you thought would look nice and added some highlighting and then slapped your name on it next to mine. As for "adding detail", I see that you have for some inexplicable reason enlarged the bolt handle and modified the rear sight hinge pin on the M1903, and have changed the rear locking lug shape on the 03A3.

I am not sure why these changes were necessary so I must ask if you took measurements from a real rifle in order to do them.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 1st, 2013, 6:52 pm
I did what?

As to the recoloring, it wasn't necessary, I admit. But, I did add the 3rd lighter shade, that we all agreed was necessary.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 1st, 2013, 8:28 pm
I am not sure what you mean by "I did what", what is this in response to?

Re: the lighter color shading, I have never liked it and will continue to oppose it. Gunbucket is an outgrowth of Shipbucket, which does not (in general) highlight as part of shading. These guns look too angular when you use a highlight color. This is a "simple" style and I don't like how people here have taken it and tried to make 'art' by highlighting and shading everything under the sun. It doesn't lend itself to pixel art.

If you want that type of drawing, use Adobe Illustrator and make vector graphics with gradients.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 1st, 2013, 10:02 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The commas, so many commas.
As for "adding detail", I see that you have for some inexplicable reason enlarged the bolt handle and modified the rear sight hinge pin on the M1903, and have changed the rear locking lug shape on the 03A3.

I am not sure why these changes were necessary so I must ask if you took measurements from a real rifle in order to do them.
I didn't change that stuff at all, to my knowledge, and the bolt handle is from the Mauser and the same size, some M1903s had that type.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 7th, 2013, 3:31 am
You clearly changed it whether you meant to or not which actually bothers me as it means that you didn't know what you were changing.

Please, my rifles are generally drawn with their real life counterpart sitting in front of me as I click around in Photoshop. Unless you have the same capability, don't "rework" them just for the sake of reworking them. Adding shading and highlighting to a drawing and putting your name on it is a bit offensive to me as the original artist.

Also, saying that you copy-pasted the bolt handle from the Mausers because "they were the same design" is most likely incorrect. The action was the same - that doesn't mean the bolt handles are the exact same size and shape.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 11th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Nice job on the Springfield MK I, it looks just like the one in Jay's ever-changing bolt-action arsenal.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 31st, 2013, 2:03 pm
USA - M1919A6 Browning
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on May 5th, 2020, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 46 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 144 45 46 47 48166 »

Jump to: