Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1249 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 20th, 2011, 4:34 pm
adenandy wrote:
Dear Kim,

May I firstly say that I very much enjoy your work, but would like to show you what I believe is the correct CoA for HMY Britannia. I would have sent you this as a Private Message, but regretfully am unauthorised to do so.

Respectfully yours,

Andy.
Hi Andy
Thanks for the pictures. I've investigated in the matter and the solution is that the badge I've drawn is the correct. But... the CoA on your pictures is correct on HMY Britannia because it's the CoA for the Majesty of UK ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 20th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Thank you Novice for the HMS Barham badges :D
@ Bezo I will draw the badge for you ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 20th, 2011, 6:53 pm
Awesome, Kim! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 20th, 2011, 8:50 pm
You had it spot on Kim.From Admiralty badges CD.And that unofficial badge of Barham is a rarity, its not even in my book,good find Novice.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 21st, 2011, 1:49 am
I stand corrected. Thanks Bombhead for helping to clear that up and well done Kim! :)

I apologise for any confusion I may have caused.

Kind regards,

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 11:31 pm
Normally I try to draw a badge looking as similar to the original as possible. But for the unofficial badge for HMS Barham was it a dillema. The heraldic quality and the drawing in it self was so poor (look for you self beneath!) that I felt I had to improve it a little. But of course within the limitation it should be recognisable compared to the original. I don't know if I'm breaking any rules, but when the badge is unofficial, I don't think so ;)
[ img ][ img ]
BTW If anyone is in doubt, it's the original to the left :!:

Last edited by KimWerner on May 14th, 2017, 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 1:23 am
I think it would work better if you gave the tongue an outline as well, since you've given the rest of the lion one.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:35 am
Good work Kim. I had no better source than this one, and I feel you've made the right choice. IMHO you might want to consider Thiel's idea about the tongue.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 3:08 pm
Top grade!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 11:51 pm
:oops: Oh! I have overseen the lacking outline on the tongue. Thanks for letting me know. It's fixed now and as a little christmas bonus a nice looking CoA for HMS Archer which have three different pennant numbers in her six years of service ;)
[ img ]

Last edited by KimWerner on May 13th, 2017, 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1249 »

Jump to: