Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 635 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Novice my friend could you add my SAM?

[ img ]

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 15th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Like I said, we are not making any national spesific sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 16th, 2010, 4:05 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
maybe there is an better way of showing it, but we will never get guns placed on the wrong positions again
I have never felt Shipbucket itself should have educational responsibility to teach the kids some of the very basics of ship-engineering. I don't want to give them free pass, I want them to suffer with foreing language manuals and boring historic journals as much as I have :mrgreen: If someone doesen't know that a turreted gun usually takes deck-penetration, I think he should not be drawing warships on serious level.
Well, I agree that someone who doesn't recognize the need for penetration is probably in the wrong place. However, I think there's a difference between educating on concepts and educating on specifics. Some years after I've begun drawing these systems seriously, I still have not happened upon an open-literature source for the exact below-decks dimensions of the USN Mk 26 GMLS family. I've done a number of isometric scaling exercises, none terribly satisfying. It's in my own personal interest to broadcast to the world the extent of my own knowledge, both so other folks won't screw it up horribly AND in hopes that someone more knowledgeable than myself might correct me. The education is never completely one-way, no matter how much we may think we know.

We ought not belabor ourselves with the most obvious of facts, but if there is an easy and low-pixel-count way of showing our current knowledge, I would surely endorse it. Not as a requirement, but as encouragement. My own example, thought it may be somewhat excessive:

[ img ]
As best I can figure, 22 pixels wide, 22 pixels deep, with lengths associate by Mark number.

I mean, you can't show the associated missiles in that height. Are we really in the business of restrictinge information? That doesn't make any sense to me. I won't do some whiny kid's research for him, but I won't tell him to 'GO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF YOU STUPID KID' either. If I know something, why not share it?

In my opinion, there is a happy medium between 'GO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF YOU STUPID KID' and 'LET ME DO ALL OF YOUR WORK FOR YOU'. I'd phrase it something like: 'This is what I know; I encourage you to do your own additional research and give me rational arguments if you come to a different understanding'.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 16th, 2010, 9:25 am
Quote:
In my opinion, there is a happy medium between 'GO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF YOU STUPID KID' and 'LET ME DO ALL OF YOUR WORK FOR YOU'. I'd phrase it something like: 'This is what I know; I encourage you to do your own additional research and give me rational arguments if you come to a different understanding'.
I agree, Im not wanting to be all of the option 1 myself, just that in these sheets, I've myself found out that more extra lines and stuff you place there, the harder it is to use in copy/pasting. The sheets are about to bring the needed systems to near the hand. If we go too detailed in them, then they will grow over sized, or we basicly would need to make seperate sheet out of every single weapon system.

My most concern is in extra lines (that shows the imaginary deck level I guess), extra texture and other trivia. If you guys can make up clever way to put the nesserical information without too much of the mentioned, then we approach to good compromise.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 16th, 2010, 4:10 pm
A preliminary of Merchant equipments.
A went fast through my drawings picking some elements. During weekend I'll add cranes and (maybe) some anchors.
Please give me some feedback and please post your elements to be added.
I don't know it it would be worth to insert in this chart the Alvama's containers.

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 16th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Propulsors from X-Bow ships:
Attachment:
propulsors.png
Cranes:
Attachment:
cranes.png
I provided some basic info on each of them but feel free to drop it ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 17th, 2010, 10:20 am
Could this topic temperorly stricky?

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Attachment:
127mm AA.png
EDITED

[Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 18th, 2010, 3:51 pm
here is some elements useful for merchant vessel.
Strictly speaking I normally draw the equipment of the ship but all these could help a lot: as an example the two largest azipods differ mainly by the propellers diameter.
Going through the elements I would like to add some "old" cranes (I remember some fine made by Novice). Moreover It would be worth to add 3 and 4 blade large propellers.

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: December 18th, 2010, 4:25 pm
I got some large caliber guns for the sheet.
Will show it later.

Mitch ;)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 635 »

Jump to: