Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 45 of 145  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page « 143 44 45 46 47145 »
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: October 31st, 2013, 2:35 pm
Glorfindel wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Looking for P-3 Orion, Super Etendard, F2A, F2B, Super Puma, and Alouette III.
I have made the Cougar and the Alouette III some years ago. I am since a long time ago on a zimbabwean / rhodesian version of the Alouette III and I also plan for ages to do other versions of the Super Puma.
I know, the Alouette could have been done better.
You mean K-car version with MG-151 on left door ?

Glorfindel wrote:
I know, the Alouette could have been done better.
What's wrong with your Alouette III drawing ?

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: October 31st, 2013, 5:40 pm
Cplnew83 wrote:
eswube wrote:
Rhade wrote:
BTW. if anyone will try to get even close to Ju 89,90,290,390... I will kill him. Just a friendly reminder. ;)
Actually, same applies to any aircraft or helicopter ever produced by Polish aviation industry (unless explicitly stated otherwise). :twisted: :ugeek:
Where are these "rules" written ? :roll:
They are "written" in these very quotes.
And of course they are not official rules. Just suggestions, disregarding of which will be considered an unfriendly gesture by Rhade and me.

Let's look on it this way: there exists a "Polish Wings" thread, which - despite some current delays - is generally moving forward (as obviously situation would be completely different if the thread was "dead" for a year, for example) and therefore it can be reasonably expected that nearly all (other than amateur, ultra-light one offs and similar stuff) Polish-made aircraft will be included there in the foreseeable future, so choosing to draw a Polish plane or helicopter out of thousands of types of air vehicles that exist or existed Worldwide since Wright brothers can make somewhat peculiar impression. :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: October 31st, 2013, 9:16 pm
People are free to draw whatever they want. You can't just say "all Polish planes are mine" - it doesn't work that way. You can politely request it, but you can't just give people an ultimatum like the above. That's not how it works. The drawing becomes 'yours' when you have a WIP being worked on.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 1:44 am
Ian, eswube and Rhade, have politely stated that they wish to draw all Polish built and used aircraft, certain exceptions of course. Such as the PZL.11c, MiG-15, MiG-21 and Mil-24's, but most of those were drawn well before they made their request for others to not draw said Aircraft that have served the Polish Armed Services. Then again, I see your point as others, like DP who have drawn aircraft that have served, and were reserved to be drawn. Accidents will happen, we're all human... except Darth Panda, who is a frakking drawing machine, :P.

On a separate note, anyone willing to draw the Dassault Super Mystere (Mystery)?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 3:25 am
nighthunter wrote:
Ian, eswube and Rhade, have politely stated that they wish to draw all Polish built and used aircraft, certain exceptions of course. Such as the PZL.11c, MiG-15, MiG-21 and Mil-24's, but most of those were drawn well before they made their request for others to not draw said Aircraft that have served the Polish Armed Services. Then again, I see your point as others, like DP who have drawn aircraft that have served, and were reserved to be drawn. Accidents will happen, we're all human... except Darth Panda, who is a frakking drawing machine, :P.

On a separate note, anyone willing to draw the Dassault Super Mystere (Mystery)?
Yes, I understand that - but let's not forget that "claiming" drawings only goes so far. I think it's a bit strange that they have said "we want all Polish aircraft and we will be rude to you if you draw them". This would be like me claiming the entire USN.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 6:52 am
Well, Polish Wings are our baby and we will protect it. :D But serious, we work on that realy hard and put a lot of effort to make it the best we can, if someone want to join our "quest" then please, ask. The problem is lack of communication, let say you work Colo on some series of planes and when you are in middle of work on your WIP and put a lot time and resource search in it, someone post one already done. You lost time and your work may go to, hmmm digital trash. It is irritating don't you think?

Then if someone would say I want to made USN Wings, I would ask hey! I can help you with some planes. Not made surprise and pull planes from my ass in the middle of your work.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 7:22 am
might be just me, but it might be an good idea to have an list somewhere what you have WIP, so nobody starts on it. when I am going to draw something I don't check if it happends to be in polish service, I check if it is drawn already or if somebody has it listed as WIP. while this is an null point for me, as I rarely do FD work, I think this works the same for others.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Dear Friends.
Of course everybody is free to draw whatever they want (and we're free to think of it whatever we want - did anyone wrote anything about being rude?... ;) ), but then there's the issue raised by Rhade - of communications and of suddenly posting unannounced work in someone else's thread.
Acelanceloet's point about WiP list is a very valid one, esp. in light of such occurences like when Kilomuse posted Ansaldo Balilla and Caudron G.III while Darth Panda recently Cierva G.30, all of which were also done for Polish Wings, just not yet posted at that moments.
I'll think of it later (today I'll have a somewhat busy day).
That's obvious that if some plane has been already drawn before, then "what's done is done". Of course, we still may - besides (obvious) adding paint schemes - add other versions of the plane as needed, as well as make various alterations to the "core" drawing (wether correction of errors, updating what's outdated or just adjustments for styllistical preferences), but certainly the original Author would have his work recognized in the credits.
Also, I'd like to point that our current "claim" doesn't even extend to all planes used by Polish aviation (as we're ok with using for our projects drawings initially done by someone else), but to those of Polish origin. So if somebody suddenly would draw, for example, MiG-17, then I'd just say "tough luck" (but please, don't ;) ), as we don't expect anyone to know which planes just happened to be used in Poland at some point in history. But there's somewhat different situation with aircraft of Polish design or painted on the particular drawing in Polish colors as it's "Polish service" is then self-apparent so don't really need checking.

@Nighthunter
I could do a blank version of it if You're willing to wait a bit.
Btw. how is the work on Austrian and Finnish paint schemes for SAAB 35 Draken going? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 8:34 am
SW-4 deleted.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicle/aircraft request threadPosted: November 1st, 2013, 2:12 pm
Frak me, lol. Thanks for the reminder, eswube, I've been so busy with other things I've spaced it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 45 of 145  [ 1450 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 143 44 45 46 47145 »

Jump to: