Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
CanisD
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 5th, 2013, 9:36 pm
It looks like you will still be able to download the full size image, but you have to download it from Photobucket directly. So whoever uploads the picture will need to have their gallery be public to allow the full size image to be download.

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 5th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Okay, I backed everything up and migrated to check...

After you switch, any newly uploaded image has the external links to it forcibly re-sized.

Old images appear to still work as they did before.

I do not know how long this will be true, but that is how it currently stands.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 7th, 2013, 7:43 am
One option that I used to use (but has it's limitations) is google sites. It's a free service that has a maximum capacity of 100megs, with a maximum image size of around 2megs (it starts compressing to JPEG if the file is too large). It's not the simplest thing in the world, and it doesn't preserve spaces in filenames, but it's a good stop-gap solution for people. It's what I used prior to dropbox.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 7th, 2013, 4:21 pm
It seems our useful options are dwindling.

Photobucket: slowly became more and more annoying to use until it eventually got SO annoying that I quit!
Imageshack: loaded with advertisements, does not preserve filenames, poor user interface, plus no easy way to keep track of everything - I'll pass.
Imgur: seems targeted to 4chan joke pictures et al. No thanks.
Dropbox: the Holy Grail of upload sites - then they disabled the Public folder. Shame...
MajHost: 1993 interface, seems slow at times, but fairly nonsense-free. It's pretty much the only option after Dropbox.
Private FTP site / Google sites: Probably the best option if you want to spend the money (for a private FTP) or want a website for yourself (Google sites).

What a mess.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 9th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Seem to me that PhotoBucket has been resizing the recent images.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 14th, 2013, 11:43 am
Dropbox disabled the Public Folder? Odd, haven't noticed any changes...

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: February 14th, 2013, 12:01 pm
that is only for new users, DLR ;) whenever you had an public folder, you keep an public folder.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 14th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Thanks for pointing this out! Veeery annoying though, Photobucket can go Phuck itself...

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 18th, 2013, 5:40 pm
Well I'm stuffed on the 'New Look'. I tried saving a wip of the Bermuda on Photobucket for Kim to use for ships boats, but when I tried posting it onto a pm it came out 'anti-aliased' just a crappy fuzzy picture - no use to man nor beast. Any suggestions folks? :(

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 18th, 2013, 5:41 pm
I've given up mate, moved to majhost. I like the interface, no bulls**t!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: