Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
KimWolf
Post subject: A really gay airplanePosted: June 1st, 2014, 3:49 pm
Following the discussion about the word “gay”, considering designs, I created an airline design, that is really, really gay. Showed it to an openly gay workmate and he laughed, telling me, it was spot on what “normal” people think about gays, especially the depicted crew (pilot and cabin steward).
So, here’s “Rainbow International Airlines” offering flights to all the gay (lesbian and queer) hotspots around the world. All planes are called “Cliché Liner”. Each one’s namesake is some famous homosexual, in this case “Alexander the Great” (there’s also a “Sappho”) and the engine covers bear the outlines of a “typical” gay destination (here Mykonos, others are Lesbos, San Francisco, Key-West, Fire Island, Ibiza…).
[ img ]

P.S.: This is not an offense, just a design I had fun creating.

@Admins: If you think this isn't appropriate, just delete it...

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: A really gay airplanePosted: June 1st, 2014, 4:31 pm
Well it certainly is flamboyantly gay I'll give it that! (Side note I believe Alexander the great was never confirmed to be either homosexual or hetrosexual, evidence suggests bisexuality)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: A really gay airplanePosted: June 1st, 2014, 6:59 pm
You're right, but he's pretty well known for homosexuell behaviour, so I decided to take his name.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: A really gay airplanePosted: June 1st, 2014, 8:52 pm
I appreciate the sentiment but this isn't the place for this sort of thing. Political discussions (including statements) have long been banned. Let's keep this forum reserved for posting and appreciating nice drawings - go somewhere else if you want to start a fight over some political issue... ;)

If people are referring to others' designs as "gay", please remind them that it's not allowed to insult artists' work.

Thread closed etc

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: