Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Hood
Post subject: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:50 pm
I'll be putting all my Dutch WW works here rather than cluttering up the AU thread!

First up the Fokker D.XXIII Series

[ img ]

The standard model has 2x 1,300hp V-12 engines and the fast interceptor D.XXIIIE has two 1,500hp V-12s for a top speed of 457mph at 20,000ft, rate of climb 3,500ft/min. Armament of both is one 23mm cannon and four 13.2mm MGs.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

Last edited by Hood on July 6th, 2014, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:51 pm
- thread bookmarked -
can't wait! :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:06 pm
You've not had long to wait Ace!

Koolhoven F.K.55
[ img ]

In Wesworld, Koolhoven was unhappy with his F.K.55 design (the 'real' one), so he tinkered and lowered the wings for a better wider-track undercarriage and soon added a 1,300hp V-12 engine and British Rotol contra-rotating props! It entered full-scale production in Wesworld in 1942. Armament is two 23mm cannon in the lower nose and four 13.2mm Brownings in the wings. Speed is 410 mph, range 528 miles.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:10 pm
awesome! one little comment: it's schiphol, not schipol ;)although in spoken word those 2 end up nearly the same.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 7th, 2014, 7:03 am
Impressive!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 7th, 2014, 3:06 pm
This was brought up in the other thread as well, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have some really serious cooling issues on both types. The historical D.XXIII was powered by two 530hp Walter Sagitta I-SR engines and it had major proplems with it.
As much as I like the idea of push-puller planes I just can't see it work out in a high performance fighter with 2-3 times as much power.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 8th, 2014, 7:23 pm
Well I could hand-wave this and say the rear engine's radiators are in the wingroots (which are behind the booms in the side-view). ;)
The Do335 didn't have a massive radiator area, the nose radiator on the D.XXIIIE is modelled on the late 40s annular radiators used on RR Merlins and Griffons and Eagles and is bigger than that used on the Wyvern for example.

The F.K.55 has radiators on both sides of the nose, the oil cooler being in the wingroot.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 12th, 2014, 2:10 pm
Two further, and slightly older Fokker designs.
These are Kaiser Kirk's Fokker D.XIX series, basically an historical D.XXI but with retractable undercarriage and an Hispano-Suiza inline engine. The result is very much like a Dutch MS.406 in appearance. The cockpit is further aft and the carrier-based XIXD has an arrestor gear and the cockpit is higher and slightly more forward to improve the view for landing.

[ img ]
1x 940hp Hispano-Suiza 12Y-49, 355mph, 466 mile range, 2x 13.2mm Browning HMGs

[ img ]
Introduced 1937.
1x 1,050hp Hispano-Suiza HS-51 12Y V-12 liquid-cooled engine, 367mph top speed, 466 miles range and armament of 1x 20mm cannon and 2x 13.2mm Browning HMG

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 12th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Hood, I could see those being Finnish customizations, LOL!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: July 13th, 2014, 7:43 am
Yes, the inline-engined Fokkers look great!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: