Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Dreadnaught
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:15 am
Re read Barrett Tillman's Clash of the Carriers for the umpteeth time. (Battle of the Phil Sea)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:21 am
I have been reading the Oregon Files by Clive Cussler, but I'm not sure if you could count that as a "Naval Book."

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
CHiP
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 6th, 2012, 2:55 pm
I've been on a 1960s Cold War theme lately. Currently reading 'The Bedford Incident' by Mark Rascovich. Before that I read 'October Fury' by Peter Huchthausen and 'DEFCON-2' by Norman Polmar and John Gresham.

[Profile] [Quote]
Umbra502
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 14th, 2012, 9:10 am
Cruiser by Mike Carlton is a great book about HMAS Perth. A great read for any Aussie Naval enthusiast. Another great read if you like strategy is the WW2 Maritime section of the Evolution of Strategy by Heuser.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 15th, 2012, 2:59 pm
I just finished reading Hornfischer's book on the USS Houston (Ship of Ghosts), HMAS Perth is mentioned in detail, but I might have to order the Mike Carlton book.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 18th, 2012, 6:24 am
Shinano: The Sinking of Japan's Secret Supership
by Capt. Joseph F. Enright & James W. Ryan

The combination of poor planning and just plain luck in this story is nothing short of amazing.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 18th, 2012, 7:54 am
The Search for HMAS Sydney
Janes Warships Recognition Guide (Revised)
The Lost Ships - Robert Ballard

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hughes84
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 19th, 2012, 11:12 am
Now I'm reading Cruisers of World War Two by M J Whitley
The Illustrated Directory of Warships, from 1860 to the present day by David Miller is also a very interesting one, well, at least that's my opinion.
Both are very informative and I love the style and the language, not too complicated :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 19th, 2012, 1:13 pm
Currently perusing "Combat Fleets of the world - 1988/89£ and the Janes combined weapon systems book for 1973/74. They'd make good impact weapons as well as books...

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: March 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Conways All the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: