[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

do you think sharks are evil?
2. No  89%  [ 25 ]
3. I don't know  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 28
didibii
Post subject: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 6:58 am
How many of you guys hate sharks?
this might be random but just wanted to know becoues i just learn that most sharks are killed by human just for their fins and thrown back in to the sea where they die becoues of loseing blood and about 100million are killed each year and left to die in the sea slowly.and about 70 people have died from sharks in the last 100 years...this makes me want to hate being an human lol... so this is pretty much random but i just learned this and wanted to tell you guys and see what you guys think.PLEASE comment and tell me what you think... i just want to know its interisting.

(Am i being wierd?)

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 9:42 am
I don't hate sharks,

probably becouse I have never seen one in my entire life. People have made many films in wich sharks are portraited as creatures that come from the watery parts of hell and only eat humans, but I think the problem is more on our side. Don't forget that sharks are pure predators, and thus have little fear of anything they cross paths with. Like most sophisticated hunters, they are curious when they encounter something unusual in their territories. The have very bad eye sight, so the only way of investigating something is by biting in it (and that's when we think they are bad). And than ofcourse when you got a surfer peddeling on his stomach he looks a lot like a sea turtle or some sort of prey. Nonetheless, a single bite can deadly injure a human if the shark is a powerful predator like a great white or tiger shark.

So as far as I know, don't go in the water with any bleedings, and just stay out of there territories.

Ps. It is indeed awfull what some people do to these sharks, but you can't think sharks attack us as some sort of revenge. People are the only species on earth (and maybe in our solarsystem) that have the choice between good and evil, animals don't have that and thus won't ever harm anything out of revenge or self compasion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 9:51 am
Don't worry about the sharks mate they found a crocodile swimming in the channel off the coast of Boulogne yesterday. :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:15 pm
Nah, it was a log, though it did get a few swimmers worried. Re sharks being evil; you're using a moral definition, which is entirely a human concept; you don't get 'good' and 'bad' sharks, kangaroos, penguins, centipedes etc. A shark is a highly efficient fish that has evolved to eat anything moving that fits into its mouth, so its either bad luck or bad judgement to find yourself in that category.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:34 pm
I watched a really good programme about two tribes of chimpanzees at war with each other.These cousins of ours were really quite mean,especially in the treatment of captured enemy young.It all boils down to territory and survival at the end of the day.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:52 pm
Sure, Chimps are animals in the sense that they are not human. And of course we are also 'animals' in the biological sense. I don't want to begin a philisophical argument about what being human means in relation to any higher purpose or morality in the universe; like the singer put it; 'I'll let the mystery be'.
But the one single diference that seperates humanity from other species is the ability to talk, whether, by speech, writing, and now the internet. We are remarkably different from any other creature on this planet. Being 'moral', knowing the diference between good and evil, is an entirely human concept, and it may exist as an inate result of higher intelligence, or it may have been granted to us; whatever, it is a great cause of conflict and reflection.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 6:15 am
Shark fin soup; good eatin'!

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 11:27 am
Colosseum wrote:
Shark fin soup; good eatin'!
Dont take this wrong but that is just very nasty... it literly has no taste if you dont mix it with few other stuff and the way they are killed is just really not human... (just take the fins when it is still living then trow it to water so it could run out of blood and die slowly...) guys im not like those animal lovers but its not a good cycle becoues even pregnet and baby sharks are still killed so there is no new sharks that can grow and live becoues they all just get killed if baby sharks are still fined then they cant grow and their will be no new ones to replace then so yea...
and this is what could happen if all the sharks are killed...
1) animals that sharks eat will over populate (becoues there is no shark that could kill then anymore) then eat all the fish in the water then
since there will be so much of them all the fish will be gone and they will starve then die and if does die out most of the sea would be distroyed and note that most of live is in the ocean so if all sharks get killed it would be like removeing the bottom of a house...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDYO_4e ... re=channel) <<<< Watch this, this will better explaine... how shark finning is screwing up the ocean.i did find a video of baby and pregnet sharks getting killed but i didt post since its way too bloody and nasty...

(i know this becoues i have been studieing sharks for a some time now)

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 3:19 pm
if you start counting, I think humans have killed more sharks than sharks have killed humans.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 3:37 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: