Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 545 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 17th, 2012, 2:36 pm
How about this?It would replace also the Charles F.Adams/Kimon in Aegean Sea,a "Tromp" like DDG.I used the old Australian DDG Ballarat AU as a design base.However,as I rethink about Black Sea Navy Command,a DDG is not very nessesary these as in Aegean Sea,so I would have all 6 units in Aegean and East Mediterranean.Then the large DDG Lysandros class would be placed aside.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 17th, 2012, 2:52 pm
you lack direction for the dardo aft, and the radar fit is one I have never seen used together before..... but it seems possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 10:57 am
The front mast is from my Konon Class frigates (I will change it) and perhaps use the equipment of Charles F.Adams on it.Where can I place the Dardo director?On front mast facing backwards?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 11:01 am
dardo director: most likely on the sides of the funnel, just in front of an higher then the dardo's, on an platform.
that's what I would do....

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 1:31 pm
Revised.I added also SLQ-32 V(2),as real DDG Kimon class had.All ships decided be modernized.This program were from 1990-1994 with the following changes:(Bottom design)

-Radar AN/SPS-49 instead of the SPS-40
-Radar AN/SPS-48E replaced the SPS-39
-NTU upgraded with Mk74 V(15),4 SYR-1,OMI-66A (capable of engaging 6 air targets simultaneously at distance up to 74km)
Other:
-2 X CIWS/SAM Aris VI-A (in 1996) replaced the Dardo CIWS
-SLQ-32 V(5) with Sidekick.Is the position of the Sidekick correct?If no,where to place it?

P.S The upgraded ship has the ASROC and the SSMs in opposite positions.My question is which to keep?As in top design (ASROC front,SSMs middle or vise versa)?

[ img ]

Last edited by odysseus1980 on April 26th, 2012, 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 3:20 pm
[ img ]

CGH stands for "Guided Missile,Cruiser,Helicopter".This is actually one of my first designs for Shipbucket,about two years old.Does it make any sense?For replacing the old Elli Class CLG.
Comes from an Never Built Italian Design of 1976.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm
Not bad, the gun is quite a bit to far forward and there is no reason for the ASROC launcher (the Mk 10 can do that, and right now the two magazines would interfere with each other), and I'd pick another image host.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 3:36 pm
that last design is actually one of your better designs IMO.... it has it's flaws, but generally, it would work on this hull size and radar. I second timothy on the image host though

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 10:11 pm
The Vittorio Venetto had Mk10 with 40 SM1 and 20 ASROC,so I can have this.However,CGH Ulysee has only SM1/OMI-76 (60 total) and a seperate ASROC.Expept for that,any other drawback to work on it?

P.S Also I can lengthen the hangar,since this design and Zara are very similar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 21st, 2012, 10:41 pm
The problem with the ASROC (And the Dardo to some extend) is that all the below decks bitss and pieces are in the middle of the Terrier magazine.

Also, you seriously need a new image host. As pleasant as I find the pictures of boobs it insists on throwing at me they're hardly safe for work or kids.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 545 »

Jump to: