Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 12:21 am
i used do go cycling, hiking and sailing untill a few years ago, then i stopped doing that for various reasons; altough i hope to resume at least hiking this spring if i got the chance, beign on top of Mount Washburn last summer was a really pleasing walk with a slpendid view from the top..
right now my hobby when not drawing ships in shipbucket stile is.. well, drawing :lol: this time on paper with pen and pencils, and not only warships; i also like playing Battlestations: pacific, wich is currently also the only game i have on my pc (i've never be much of a gamer-guy), guess, what's my in-game choiche between the USnavy and the IJN? :lol:

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 1:03 am
I play a lot of football/soccer on weekends, lift weights and run during the week. Obviously love ships and military vehicles, so I read a lot of history and I collect military books for my home library (which isn't much to brag about yet!). Haven't been playing PC games too much these days, but used to play a lot of IL-2 Sturmovik, Hearts of Iron II, Steel Panthers, and Medieval 2. I used to be a really active modeler before college in 1/72 scale, but it got a little (i.e: very) expensive so it's been on hiatus for now :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 1:43 am
ALVAMA wrote:
Besides my ambitions of drawing ships and Militairy related subjects, I'd love drawing with pen and ink too.
Yeah, I remember that. I've even asked if you'd like to collaborate on web comics but you keep saying you're too busy. Maybe I should ask BB1987 instead :P

As for me, mostly writing, wasting my time in front of a computer and bitching at people here :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 5:14 am
Oh, lets see... other hobbies
Canadian Stamp collection
German States coin collection
Modern World coin collection
Sci-Fi costuming group
Watching and reading Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, TV shows and movies
Alternate History Novels
Touring museums and old graveyards.

Yeah, I'm a boring old fart, really.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 10:21 am
Mrrrrrmh.

Like Colosseum I play Airsoft but nowhere near as much as I'd like to at present as well as:
Drawing with pen and pencil (mainly technical type stuff)
Visiting heritage railways (mainly the Severn Valley Railway)
Collecting mugs
Making my own railways in Trainz 2012 and pew pewing things in ArmA 2.
and up until recently photoshop graphic design (need to get back into that)

[Profile] [Quote]
devil505
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 4:34 pm
Shooting Sports, Football, Naval Aviation History

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 5:54 pm
Mainly trying to stay fit - I like bushwalking ( that Australian for hiking) always interesting for a 62 year old with a couple of dodgy knees planning a 8 day 150k walk at Easter trying figure how to fit 8 days food in to the pack!!

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 21st, 2013, 7:40 pm
I'm a marathon runner, I play airsoft and paintball when I can, I read a ton, mostly military history, I love to play humans vs zombies, I go shooting (to prepare for the inevitable zombie apocylipse), and my job is as a naval historian but that's a hobby also.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 6:46 am
I know right now might not be the best time to consider shooting "in vogue" but I've been thinking about getting back into hobby/target shooting. I already have a .22LR but I've been thinking of picking up a Ruger .22LR because there are serious advantages from a hobby and competition standpoint for a pistol, plus getting a used Ruger shouldn't be too expensive. Besides a .22LR should be "politically correct" and I'm not looking for a self-defense/tactical weapon (but I am looking for cheap ammo)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Hobbies cept' DrawingPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 9:36 am
I draw quite lot with pen and paper about stuff that has nothing to do with Shipbukcet whatsoever.
also Im some sort of semi-serious sport shooter with air-rifle (winters) and small-bore rifle in summers. And by this I mean, i attend the proper shooting sport circles and competitions...In national finnish level I think my best score has been 22nd or something in the air rifle champion ship matches few years back. I also shoot at finnish reservist organisation competitions with lot better overal ranking and among with small-bore rifle 3-position competition, i've scored couple of medals from those games.
I also read in slow pace and I have set of eletric drums that beat in the evenings as well as real drumkit at my mom's place that I bang around when I got the change to visit there...I also listen quite lot of musics.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: