Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 11 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1350 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 10th, 2014, 7:24 pm
Another update work. Actually I wanted to do just several DC-3/C-47's. Definitely no more than DC-2's. But as You can see it ended up as usual. :roll:

It should be noted, that I've made few minor changes to the "base" drawing of these DC's since I posted blank few weeks ago.

Also, while usually I don't post Polish paint schemes of planes that are only yet to appear in Polish Wings, but this time I made an exception.

USA, Douglas DC-3 / C-47 / C-53 Skytrain / Dakota
(Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Libya, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, Yugoslavia)
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

In 1944 one C-47 was converted to assault glider configuration (to be towed by C-54). Although tests were quite successful, it was judged that there's no demand for such vehicle. Later, in 1954 another C-47 was experimentally converted to similar configuration in field conditions.
USA, Douglas XCG-17
[ img ]

Shortly before WW2 Japan bought license for DC-3's.
Japan, Showa L2D
[ img ]

In the late 1940s Douglas designed an upgrade package for C-47's. Air Force wasn't interested and preferred Convair C-131's, but Navy and Marines found idea interesting, not least for financial reasons.

USA, Douglas R4D-8 / C-117D Super Skytrain
[ img ]
[ img ]

Large numbers of DC-3/C-47's remain in service even today, but spare parts for engines are a major issue, therefore a number of turboprop conversions were designed, of which Basler Turbo BT-67 is most popular.

Basler Turbo BT-67
[ img ]
[ img ]

In late 1930s Soviet Union purchased license for DC-3, initially produced as PS-84 and later as Lisunov Li-2 (after head of the design group that implemented design changes for Soviet model). Soviet machines accounted for nearly a third of the whole production run of DC-3 family.

Soviet Union (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, China), Lisunov Li-2
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on June 15th, 2014, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 10th, 2014, 7:30 pm
Amazing work, eswube.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 10th, 2014, 8:55 pm
Eswube, simply amazing!!

EDIT: Heretic! You've posted a Polish airplane outside of Polish Wings!!! :twisted:

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

Last edited by Naixoterk on June 11th, 2014, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 10th, 2014, 9:02 pm
Wow! outstanding work!

[Profile]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 2:58 am
I dunno...I think eswube may have missed one of the DC-3's built. :twisted:

Wonderful, simply wonderful.
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 4:10 am
Sweet.

Fun fact, because there are a handful of C-47Ts still in US State Department service, and they are maintained by the Military, the next transport in US service will be the C-48 - they are not supposed to re-use the in-service designation.

[Profile]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 7:44 am
@ Eswube
And once again you make my eyes water - so many beautiful old girls...
But I miss Buffalo's DC-3... :)
Btw, great news from Jeff Copeshi: He's been promoted and now he's chief engineer for the Northern Island Maglev tracks.

@Cunardfan
Thanks for your Dornier 328. After I had done the 328 Jet, I thought about doing her myself, but you spared me the work. :P

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 10:28 am
Thank You for all these great comments! :)

@Naixoterk - Yeah, I know, I'm sorry. :oops:
;) :lol:

@CraighH - I thought it would be kind to leave one or two if someone else would want to do them. ;)

@TimothyC - It's particularly amazing if You think that DC-3 first flew 79 years ago and reboot of the DoD designations took place 52 years ago.

@KimWolf - I think it would be always great to see further paint schemes, particularly airline ones, like Buffalo. ;)
Haha... congratulations to Jeff! :D ;)

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 10:37 am
Very nice to see the Dakota, a flying legend. Among users of the C-47 is Hellas (not referred at all in users above).

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 9: The Next GenerationPosted: June 11th, 2014, 10:47 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
Very nice to see the Dakota, a flying legend. Among users of the C-47 is Hellas (not referred at all in users above).
The C-47 was used by something like 100 countries and god knows how many operators. You can't seriously expect him to include all of them.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 11 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1350 »

Jump to: