Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 40 of 51  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4251 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 21st, 2015, 8:11 am
really good Whyme

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 21st, 2015, 9:25 am
Great additions!

The Madge is really nice and the Cobra series looks promising too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 21st, 2015, 10:32 am
Great work WhyMe.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 21st, 2015, 4:28 pm
Outstanding!

[Profile]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 1:10 pm
I realized that there were a pair of aircraft drawn by Garlicdesign that i wasn't aware of and they only had blank versions. I decided to put an end to such highly unfair situation:

The CRDA CANT Z.1018 Leone (Lion) airplane was a medium bomber/night fighter which was a failure, despite looking nice, for various reasons, although being based on the more successful CANT Z.1007 (soon in your closest shipbucket):
  • Fuselage too narrow to hold defensive armament
    Too much vibration on the tail
    Poor visibility for landing on the flight deck
    Unjustified extra weight on the co-pilot. A co-pilot wasn't needed on this one since he had very limited visibility and his functions were very limited.
    Frequent mechanical failures
    Unreliable engines
    Couldn't incorporate the modifications requested by the Regia Aeronautica.
This airplane had only two versions, the medium bomber one and the night fighter one.
Although in the pic below i've drawn the medium bomber version only, there were many other proposed versions of this airplane:
  • BZ.301 (Breda-Zappata, mod.301), high altitude bomber
    BZ.302, high altitude fighter, heavy Twin-Fighter AKA Leone II,
    BZ.303, night fighter, torpedo bomber multirole; AKA Leone III.
    BZ.304, anti-tank (perhaps with a 37 mm gun); AKA Leone IV. Never built
Italy, CRDA CANT Z.1018 Leone (Lion):
[ img ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for another different airplane:

The Consolidated P2Y Ranger was an American flying boat of the early 30s. It was used by the US navy but also by some other countries like Argentina, Colombia or Japan.
Although i had liked it, i couldn't find any info about how they looked like under those last two countries.

USA, Argentina - Consolidated P2Y Ranger:
[ img ]

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

Last edited by Naixoterk on February 22nd, 2015, 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 1:14 pm
Fantastic additions.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 4:39 pm
Great work.

On a note, re-posted EMB-120 with two new liveries added (Australian AIRNORTH and Venezuelan AVENSA):
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 35#p138435

[Profile]
Zhanrae30
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 24th, 2015, 6:26 am
F-15F Strike Eagle

The initial Strike Eagle version offered to Saudi Arabia

[ img ]

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it."
- Rocky Balboa
-------------------------------------
Cheers!

[Profile]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 24th, 2015, 12:26 pm
I've finally completed this one!!!

The Macchi C.202 Folgore (Thunderbolt) was an Italian fighter of the second world war. It was designed by Mario Castoldi, hence the C letter in the designation. It was a development of the earlier C.200 Saetta. It featured an Italian version of the DB 601A German engine and it had a very streamlined fuselage. It's considered to be one of the best fighters to serve in the Regia Aeronautica and it was present in every front where Italy was involved.

It went into service in July 1941 proving to be an excelent and deadly dogfighter as it was stated by the Australian ace Clive Caldwell who described it as "one of the best and most undervalued of fighters".
However it had its defects: It could enter into a dangerous spin, its armament wasn't sufficient, its machine guns were easily jammed, the radios were not reliable and the oxygen system was inefficient.

It had many versions and series which i couldn't find them all:
  • C.202 Serie I to VI: The most basic version with only MG in the fuselage
    C.202 Serie VII onwards: Fitted with two 7,7mm (0,303in) MG in the wings apart from those in the fuselage
    C.202AS: Version fitted with sand filters to serve in North Africa
    C.202CB: Version with underwings hardpoints for either bombs or drop tanks - very rare.
    C.202EC: EC Stands for Esperimento Cannoni. It was the predecessor of the Macchi C.205 Veltro.
    C.202RF: Photo Reconnaissance version
    C.202D: One prototype with a revised forward placed radiator, similar to those present in the P-40.
    C.202AR4: One airplane modified as a "drone director" to be coupled to a S.79 Sparviero similar to the German Mistel.
Thanks to eswube for his help reviewing the original drawings for this one.

Italy, Co-Belligerent Italy, Italian Social Republic, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada - Macchi C.202 Folgore:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: February 24th, 2015, 12:52 pm
EXCELLENT stuff Naixoterk :!:

Very well drawn mate :D

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 40 of 51  [ 505 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4251 »

Jump to: