Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:45 am
Guys, we DO NOT use anti-aliased text on drawings. EVER.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:48 am
You mean the inscriptions on the bigger airplanes? Sigh... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 8th, 2010, 5:57 am
Building the navy

During the early days of the Republic of Indonesia, the country was at war with it's former ruller, the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In this period the newly formed Indonesian Armed Forces had to make due with what they could capture from withdrawn Japanese Forces, which had dominated the Islands for four years. As the Republic of Indonesia was only partly recognised in the world, it was hard to obtain heavy weapons, airplanes and ships. After much struggle and eventually pressure from the United States on the Netherlands resulted in the agreement of transfering eight Flower Class corvettes to the Indonesian Navy. This was only agreed on if the Indonesian goverment would promise not to use these ships in aggressive actions against the Dutch (as they where a strong ally of the US), and only would be used in therms of self-defence. However this promise was soon broken, the KRI Sulawesi was uppon commisiong immediatly send to West Java to support the Indonesian Ground forces and engaged the HMNLS Kortenear. This resulted in only minor damage to the Dutch ship, but the action was reported to the United States. Indonesia denied all charges saying that a Indonesian ship called the KRI Sulawesi had attack a Dutch warship. When UN officials came to investigate the incident, the Indonesian navy had quickly repainted and patched up the havocked vessel and named it the KRI Nusa Telu. As there was no proof that the Indonesian's actually attacked the Dutch, the go-ahead was given for the further delivery of the remaining 7 ships. However due to the report of the incident, the United Nations order the remaining 7 ships to be delivered without any armament, so they could be sure they wouldn't be used in offensive actions. The war between Indonesia and The Netherlands was already over before all ships had been delivered. There where no further incidents reported during the remainder of the war. After the war, all 8 ships recieved new armament from the United States.

[ img ]

Ship's specifications
Displacement: 925 long tons (940t; 1046 st)
Length: 205ft. (62.5m)
Beam: 33ft. (10.1m)
Draught: 11.5ft. (3.5m)
Propulsion:
*Single shaft
*2x water tube boilers
*1x 4-cycle triple expansion steam engine
*2,750 SHP
Speed: 16 knots
Range: 3,500 nautical miles (6,482km) at 12 knots
Complement: 85

Armament:
*1x 4'' Mk.IX single gun
*2x .50 Vickers machine guns (twin)
*2x .303 Lewis machine guns (twin)
*2x Mk.II Depthcharge throwers
*2x Depthcharge rails

(after refit)
*1x 5''/38 Mk12 single gun
*1x 3''/50 Mk17 single gun
*8x Oerlikon 20mm machine guns
*2x Mk.II Depthcharge throwers
*2x Depthcharge rails

Ships in service:
KRI Nusa Telu (ex. KRI Sulawesi) (1947-1961)
KRI Teluk Mentawai (1948-1961)
KRI Karimata (1948-1962)
KRI Wagio (1949-1962)
KRI Tanjung Oisina (1949-1962)
KRI Tanjung Nusanive (1950-1962)
KRI Tunjang Fatagar (1950-1963)
KRI Karang Tekok (1951-1963)

Last edited by Vossiej on September 8th, 2010, 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 8th, 2010, 11:48 am
Isn't that the RF version of the 3"/50?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
unrealities3d
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 9th, 2010, 3:46 pm
Colosseum wrote:
[ img ]

I really like this one. Any background on it? It's obviously a derivative of a real ship. I could really use it as part of North Point's amphibious fleet. Right now I'm using the 1950s De-Soto County-class LSTs.
Mmmh, it looks like a French BATRAL type (the "Champlain" Class actually being phased out), isn't it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 9th, 2010, 7:55 pm
As the war continued the hostilities between Indonesia and the Netherland had become less and less intensive. When eventually by 1948 most military assets from the Netherlands had left the major regions of Java and Sumatra, and the war had basically reduced to diplomatic talks, the Indonesian goverment and the US started to talk navy matters. As the United States realised that having Indonesia as a Democratic-based ally, was a strong strategic win over the Soviet Republic and China, so both countries quickly reached an agreement over the transfer of second hand US destroyers and other military equipment. The most important piece of new equipment was the Fletcher class destroyer, these highly-capable ships where built in high numbers for patrolling the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean. This made them very suitable for the Indonesian Navy. Six Fletcher's where transfered 1948, which where only a few years of age. The new class of warships was called the Tanhung Oisina Class.
[ img ]
Ship's specifications
Displacement: 2,050 tons (standard); 2,500 tons (full load)
Length: 476.5ft (114.8m)
Beam: 39.5ft (12.0m)
Draft: 12.5ft (3.8m)
Propulsion:
*Dual shafts
*4x Babcock & Wilcox oil fired boilers
*2x General Electric geared steam turbines
*60,000shp
Speed: 36.5 knots
Range: 5,500 nautical miles at 15 knots
Complement: 329 officers and men

Armament:
*5x 5''/38 Single guns
*4x 40mm Bofors AA-guns (eventually equipped with British Mk.IV mounts)
*10x 20mm Oerlikon machine guns
*5x 21'' trainable torpedo tubes
*2x Depthcharge rails

Ships in service:
KRI Tanjung Oisina (1947-1961)
KRI Tanjung Sulawesi (1949-1969)
KRI Karimata (1949-1969)
KRI Sumatra (1949-1969)
KRI Tanjung Kukina (1949-1969)
KRI Tanjung Josibera (1950-1970)
KRI Tunjang Kabadiri (1950-1970)
KRI Karang Tekok (1950-1970)

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 10th, 2010, 4:02 pm
I updated the introduction sheet, so you guys can enjoy that while I enjoy my weekend :D
I will continue next week.

As you might have seen, my Indonesia is way different than it is today.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 10th, 2010, 11:19 pm
If Sukarno was ousted in a coup in 1956, why would they name two more carriers after him?

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 11th, 2010, 2:52 pm
Well, good point :lol: . When I first made this AU, I wanted Indonesia to follow the history by a large bit, but as of today I am throwing this over a completly other bow. I guess the ships would be named Sukarno becouse he was and still is the founding father of Indonesia. But I am redoing the entire naval section (including aircraft carriers), so I'll have to see how I am going to name them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Angkatan Bersenjata Republik IndonesiaPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 2:22 pm
Currently I am working on a sheet of the Indonesian Army. All it's vehicles are in FD scale, as you can see. It is still a WIP.
As you all can see, I want to have a perfect mix of equipment between Russian, European, American and Indonesian industries.
Any suggestions so far? Any specific vehicles?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: