Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 38 of 43  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page « 136 37 38 39 4043 »
Raven
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 9:22 pm
While undeniably true, y'all< hobbies. Dragging some crap over from someone else's forum to make fun of is beneath us. Besides Zephyr, someone seemed to like your drawings enough to inspire them, no matter how tragic the result.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultimo Tiger
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 9:37 pm
So if you put the bridge and funnels at the back and shortened the hull, wouldn't it be a somewhat viable design? Obviously it would need the appropriate air, land and sea support to avoid it becoming a giant floating coffin.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Raxar, it is forbidden to show the destruction of ships on shipbucket - that's one of the basic rules of the forum.
-TimothyC

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 25th, 2012, 1:06 am
Ultimo Tiger wrote:
So if you put the bridge and funnels at the back and shortened the hull, wouldn't it be a somewhat viable design?
Well it'd work better

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 25th, 2012, 3:34 am
TimothyC wrote:
Raxar, it is forbidden to show the destruction of ships on shipbucket - that's one of the basic rules of the forum.
-TimothyC
What the fuck? When did this happen?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 25th, 2012, 4:18 am
Colosseum wrote:
What the fuck? When did this happen?
Well before we changed forum software if memory serves.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 25th, 2012, 4:55 am
It seems the post got deleted.

And Golly implemented it a while back.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 29th, 2012, 3:26 am
My recollection was that it was strongly discouraged to show ships in a derelict state: rusty, befouled and in a state of general disrepair. It has never been a terribly well-defined guideline.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 29th, 2012, 10:07 am
Carthaginian wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
Carthaginian wrote:
Fun part is when a single ASM hits one of the exposed VLS batteries, sets off sympathetic detonations all over the ship, and the whole ship goes up in a fireball that rivals the Tsar Bomba explosion.
:o

Now you are making want to find somebody useing one of those monstrosities in an RP, and take my own navy in against them. I would love to see how they would try and godmod themselves out of a full salvo of NSM targeted on them. :lol:
Super-mega-ultra-monster-big ships like this have one problem: unless they are filled up with fire control computers, they couldn't manage to track the number of inbounds they are bound to attract. For $250 BILLION, I could easily afford HUNDREDS more conventional launch platforms... like some Perry class ships, or even Burke clones. We'll say that we use the Burke spam, cause they are more expensive per unit.

Ok, that's $1.843 billion per copy for a FU2011/12 purchase.
We'll make it an even $2 billion to account for development.
This gives me 125 Burke clones with which to attack his single ship.
We'll say that there are an even 20 Harpoons aboard each Burke.
That is only TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED anti-ship missiles inbound- on more vessels than he can conveniently track!

Now, let's go with something FAR more fun... the new Russian Amur class boats would only be $100 Million per copy; and these boats have 10 VLS missile tubes with BhraMos missiles! That gives us TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED individual boats, launching TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND BhraMos missiles against this idiotic thing... which has NO HOPE of hiding. How much computing power would you need to track 25,000 inbounds? How many external sensors?

NS people are idiots.
Bigger ain't better.
I think you're being to hard on this design. It takes about 30 minutes to do a good DTOT with 2 ships. 2500 ships would take considerably longer. While waiting for the magic harpoon strike from hell he can get off about 3000 tomahawks per hour. If they are nuclear tipped, what ever country is on the receiving end is done for. forever. You'd be better off putting some of those Burkes on BMD patrol.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: June 29th, 2012, 12:13 pm
Lebroba wrote:
I think you're being to hard on this design. It takes about 30 minutes to do a good DTOT with 2 ships. 2500 ships would take considerably longer. While waiting for the magic harpoon strike from hell he can get off about 3000 tomahawks per hour. If they are nuclear tipped, what ever country is on the receiving end is done for. forever. You'd be better off putting some of those Burkes on BMD patrol.
$1.45 million for each Tomahawk. :lol: He is not to hard on this design, he is very polite and nice on this design. I think it will be cheaper to build ... a DEATH STAR !!! :lol:

EDIT: It's only a $852,000,000,000,000,000 cost. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 38 of 43  [ 428 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 136 37 38 39 4043 »

Jump to: