In lieu of Psilander's knowledgable comments, but without the actual proposal at hand, I've tried to visualize the 1970 modernization. Below is the result. Now, read this before commenting: 1) I've tried several ways and saving formats to get the dazzle-pattern camouflage, without luck! I guess I could resort to just using different grey tones to emulate it, but, of course that leaves something to be desired. 2) I copied your correction of the u/w hull, Psilander. However, on this particular drawing, whatever way I've tried to save it and work with it, it just won't give me the different, necessary, shades of red to properly repaint the u/w hull. If there's anyone out there with a more capable program who might be able to correct that, and give the ship its proper u/w hull color, please do it! If someone, also wants to takeup the camouflage issue, I'm all for it. I don't know if it's my simple program (maybe too old already, or messed-up formats - I don't know! Anyway, I've reached the limit of what I can actually do with this drawing - alas!!!
3) I've decided to utilize a simplified mack-thing with angled exhaust pipes leading the fumes well past the AN/SPG-55 directors and supporting a tall lattice mast with an SPS-52 on top. I also resolved to retain the LW-02, since the Dutch actually did this too! I also lengthened the forward stack some 5 ft to better carry the exhausts away from sensitive electronics.
4) The bridge i elected to modify into a semi-enclosed upper one, with an open bridge wrap-around around the admiral's bridge. This is more similar to contemporary British practice. - And we know that ever since the days of HRH Prince Bertil's tenure as a naval attache in London during WW2, the navy was closely affiliated with the RN!
5) A helipad w/o hangar has been constructed immediately forward of the Terrier installation, and above its magazine. I figure this is the only way of keeping top weight down to an acceptable level. The Sea Knight I picked from the parts sheet, but modified it to conform with Swedish requirements and painted it acordingly (again with the severe limitations of my Paint-program in mind!) and gave it Swedish insignias.
6) The RB-08 canisters were found on the missile part sheet. Their placement is, I think, one of very few realistc ones. I rejected the idea of using a similar launcher as the Halland-class were equipped with. I believe at the time it might even have been obsolete.
7) I changed the enclosure of the portholes, since I was far from satisfied with my previous attempt. This method ought to make them stand out less, yet mark their original positions.
8) I used the same twin 57 mm m60 that ws used on the Dutch Eendracht-class and a few French cruisers. The number I chose is 10 (5x2) with the fifth turret at the extrem bows forward, replacing the single 40 mm m38 AA gun. I really think this would be the only possible position of it if choosing a 10 gun-configuration. I also chose to retain four of the 40 mm m48 AA guns in their sponsons. Further, I installed the British-made Corvus chaff/flare at the aftermost section of the superstructure.
I think that's all for now.
So, here's my take on a Swedish Missile cruiser of the Cold War.