Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 529 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 12:15 am
Edited the first post, and added some various information.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 9:49 am
ezgo394 wrote:
I haven't figured the land area yet, but the map is 625 miles wide, by 375 miles high.
And you have:
Quote:
Railways: 5,000 miles
Roadways, Paved: 25,000 miles
Roadways, Unpaved: 30,000 miles
:shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 10:01 am
Rhade the railways could be narrow gauge but the amount of roads seem a bit high.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 10:45 am
Rhade wrote:
ezgo394 wrote:
I haven't figured the land area yet, but the map is 625 miles wide, by 375 miles high.
And you have:
Quote:
Railways: 5,000 miles
Roadways, Paved: 25,000 miles
Roadways, Unpaved: 30,000 miles
:shock:
That's actually not that bad. After all the the country is some 20% larger than Germany yet it has only some 20% more km of road than Denmark.

Of course that still doesn't explain how you've got a nation the size of Texas with a population 3/4th the size of Australia down there.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 2:36 pm
Actually, I think the population is just about right as South Pacific nations go. Most of them don't have huge populations for too many reasons to list. The South Pacific locale would also explain why the nation has far fewer roads than nations of similar size since the islands are likely very mountainous with difficult terrain.

The only issue I had with the demographics is you didn't list any indigenous populations. Given the nation's location is seems logical that there would be a significant Maori or other Polynesian population there. I'd also love to know the basic history of the country, like who colonized it and such.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 3:09 pm
Once you start asking those questions, the names of the cities and territories become more and more ridiculous.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 3:48 pm
Thiel wrote:
That's actually not that bad. After all the the country is some 20% larger than Germany yet it has only some 20% more km of road than Denmark.
That was a size of whole map with sea ... land mas is about ... 65-70%(?) of it.

The biggest island in Hawaii archipelag have size of 10,432 km2 with 185k population. More or less 300km of roads. Someone can do the math with sq miles of that map ?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Well, I haven't gone that far back in history.. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I guess I should put a Polynesian population base. I was gonna go with an "Ancient Greek exploration team" that decided to leave Ancient Greece and look for a new place to live, and after 2 years of traveling, they come across the archipelago and decide to live there. After a while, the polynesians would settle, and then later Charles Denton would find the archipelago, and then... Yeah, something like that. I don't know though. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As for square miles, I figured 1/3rd of the whole map, so that would be about 78,125 sq miles. The roads in the cities, the main highways, and some back roads are paved, but everything else is dirt, gravel, you name it. Considering there are lots of settlements on all the other islands, there are a lot of roads.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 3:59 pm
Rhade wrote:
Thiel wrote:
That was a size of whole map with sea ... land mas is about ... 65-70%(?) of it.

The biggest island in Hawaii archipelag have size of 10,432 km2 with 185k population. More or less 300km of roads. Someone can do the math with sq miles of that map ?
The roads aren't the problem. Like I said, Denmark has some 70-odd thousand km of paved roads. Ad in the unpaved roads and that goes up by more than half.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Thiel wrote:
Denmark has some 70-odd thousand km of paved roads. Ad in the unpaved roads and that goes up by more than half.
Yeah, but Denmark is not some volcanic island archipelago. Lots of flat roads friendly space there. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 529 »

Jump to: